Our client is a publicly traded International company with B2B operations around the globe. The client is focused and working proactively on implementing new digital solutions across the company to support its operations and business. They are utilizing Cloud computing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Digital innovation. The IT team collaborates closely with business units in designing and delivering solutions to meet customer needs, focused on speed of delivery and in supporting it sustainability goals. Our client is heavily focused on enabling its workforce with modern tools and technology together with automation and robotics.
Director – Digital Platforms (equivalent to a CIO position)
We are looking for an experienced digital leader to oversee our IT platforms across the whole company. The position reports into a group management position and is based in Oslo.
This is a newly formed position at a senior management level. The position has personnel and leadership responsibilities, and you will act as the deputy to your manager.
You will be integral to continuously developing the company’s digital strategy and roadmap and ensure that all systems necessary to support its operations and objectives are in place.
The role will lead a wide range of functions:
- IT cost management and budgeting
- Cyber and Data Security
- Analytics and Reporting Platforms
- IT Operations and infrastructure
- IT Procurement
The role will collaborate heavily with colleagues in other geographic regions.
- Further develop current service quality and end user experience across global platforms
- Lead and further develop partner relationships and outsourcing strategy.
- Cost management and allocation of cost to consuming units
- Lead vendor strategy and selections of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Further develop underlying platforms supporting data analytics capabilities, as well as ensuring global alignment of analytical approaches and standards
- Participate in formulation of a digital strategy to support realization of the corporate strategy
- Continuously develop the cyber security and IT risk management functions
- Maintain enterprise architecture standards, policies and blueprint together with overview of lifecycle management
- Oversee the technological infrastructure organization to ensure optimal performance
- Direct and organize agreed IT-related projects
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Analyse the costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Be a change agent, willing to take risks, challenge assumptions and norms
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Science or Business Administration
- Preferable C-level leadership experience / experience as CIO or similar managerial role
- Insight into international B2B operations is an advantage
- Diverse industry experience, ideally with time spent in IT supplier our outsourced operations an advantage
- Experience with Amazon Web Service and Opensource is relevant
- Strong strategic and business acumen
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
For more information about the position please contact our advisor Jonny Arnesen, Partner in Compass Human Resources at tel: +47 924 96 992. Please submit your application and CV by clicking on the application button as soon as possible and no later than 23rd May 2021. Due to GDPR we ask you not to send your CV or other personal data directly to the contact person.