Kotisivu CW Group
BW Group is a leading global maritime company involved in shipping, floating infrastructure, deepwater oil & gas production, and new sustainable technologies. BW Group controls a fleet of over 350 ships transporting crude oil, oil products, and dry commodities, and comprises one of the largest gas fleets in the world with 120 LNG and LPG vessels. The group was founded by Sir YK Pao in Hong Kong in 1955 as World-Wide Shipping. In 2003, the group acquired Bergesen, Norway’s largest shipping company founded in 1935, and in 2005, the business was re-branded as BW. BW Group’s mission is to deliver energy for the world today, and find solutions for tomorrow.
JOIN US FOR THE FUTURE
We are currently seeking:
Head of Finance and Accounting Europe
Lead financial operations and reporting including statutory compliance matters for BW Group in Europe. Responsible for proactively supporting BW LNG’s in financial and accounting matters with special focus on its Joint Ventures, vessel ownership in Europe, G&A and running cost.
- Ensure efficient financial operations including payments and staff reimbursements of all European entities
- Responsible for efficient implementation of relevant tools (i.e. ERP and claim system) in Oslo and for proactively addressing and solving issues and challenges
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly and quarterly financial results for all legal entities in Europe
- Managing annual external audit process
- Prepare statutory financial statements filings for all legal entities in Europe
- Statutory tax compliance and filing for all legal entities in Europe
- In close collaboration with BW Group Finance and Tax function based in Singapore, identify key tax exposure for BW Group entities in Europe and appropriate response
- Efficiently manage the dialogue with Norwegian Tax Authorities as required (and others as and when relevant)
- Act as local support to BW LNG employees and management on financial and accounting issues and topics
- Key liaison for financial and accounting matters for relevant Joint Ventures and partnerships under BW LNG
- Manage financial reporting and analysis as well as audit requirements of the LNG fleet
- Assist in financial analysis related to LNG projects
- Represent BW Group in relevant boards
- Manage direct reports and team ensuring team structures and job definitions, targets and objectives, recruitment, appraisals, feedback, training and development and reward allocation are all administered in line with company culture and guidelines
- Actively participate in the development of the quality management system and engage in the process for the continuous improvement of departmental procedures
- Regularly review risk exposure related to the department and recommend corresponding control measure(s) to mitigate risk pursuant to risk management principles, framework & process
- Master/degree within Finance and accounting
- Considerable experience in a larger, global organisation within Finance and accounting in general and tax in particular.
- A CPA / CA with a tertiary degree in Accounting / Audit / Finance
- At least 5 years experience in leading and developing a team
- Experience in optimizing work processes and digitalization to improve efficiency
- Experience from shipping is an advantage
- Proactive mindset with a strong motivation to actively contribute to BW Groups result
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to details while keeping the big picture in mind
- Excellent communication skills (fluent in both Norwegian and English is a requirement)
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Proven team leader with a collaborative mindset
- Enjoys and interacts easily with people from a wide range of cultures. Strong cultural awareness.
- Personal values well aligned with BW Values
- Competitive terms
- International and highly competent working environment
- A challenging position and good opportunities for personal development
The role will be based in Oslo, and reports to VP Financial Controlling and Reporting in Singapore.
For further information, please contact our adviser in Compass Human Resources Group, Anne Marit Heber Nærby, tel. +47 924 49 114. We welcome your application and CV in English via the application button.