Join the digitalization journey and play a central role in their global Manufacturing Execution System (MES) program – a focal point in their digitalization journey and in Grundfos Operations as a whole. In this, you will take part in development and deployment of the future global MES platform across Grundfos’ global production footprint.
“The MES program is a huge initiative and a top prioritized program within Grundfos Operations and is a key enabler for our continued digitalization journey. Our ambition is that the new MES platform is deployed globally and will be our one standardized MES platform across all of Grundfos”, says Manager, Rasmus Buhl Andersen.
Joining a global MES program
You will join the MES & Traceability team within the Digital Development and Innovation (DDI) division in Grundfos Operation. Here, you will be part of the MES project team where you will work fully dedicated in the MES program together with colleagues from several other Group functions.
Essentially, the MES program is a global program focusing on development and deployment of a global and standardized MES framework. You will join a team of 10-12 people that are working fully dedicated in the solutions development stream in the program. Here you will work closely together with colleagues from the Operations, Supply Chain and IT organizations as well as external consultants, on developing MES solutions in Grundfos’ future platform. In parallel, you will have a strong interface to production plants globally, deployments teams and other supporting projects and functions. All of this to support a strong connection between solutions development and requirements from the entire business.
From pilot project to global program
Grundfos’ MES program is right now in a transition phase. The program journey started with a pilot project in the Factory of the Future plant in Bjerringbro. The pilot project has now been completed, meaning that now, Grundfos needs to accelerate deployment by designing, building and preparing for a global approach. This is where your competencies come into play. With your previous experience working with global MES deployment programs, you know what it takes to build a platform that is based on scalability and standardization principles, but at the same time provides all the needed benefits to a diverse production footprint.
As a Senior MES Engineer in the AME MES & Traceability team, you will in the MES program represent Grundfos Operations. You will play an integrated role in defining requirements in the MES platform – scope and benefits – and be key in designing and building the solutions to support this. This you do in close collaboration with both internal and external suppliers. More specifically, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Design and deliver solutions that interfaces at all levels – towards shop floor, PLM and ERP. In particular, you will have a key focus in our interface to SAP as our ERP system, and will together with representatives from this layer build standardized interfaces. Included in this is also participation in projects targeted enhancement and standardization of master data.
- Support plant assessment teams in bridging the nature of the manufacturing with the MES solutions available. In this lies also a governance responsibility in making sure that what is developed and deployed is in line with Grundfos’ template approach to new solutions being build.
- Have a keen eye to other digitalization projects running in Grundfos. In this, you be will responsible for making sure that solutions developed both inside and outside the MES program is well coordinated and future proofed. This will also entail being an active resource in other digitalization projects driven in the DDI organization.
A strong specialist with domain knowledge and outstanding collaboration skills
You are a specialist by heart and take pride in developing solutions that bring true value to the business. You most likely have a background from a global manufacturing company and have strong experience working with implementation of MES systems within discrete manufacturing. Moreover;
- You hold a master’s degree in engineering or have worked as a senior process specialist within manufacturing systems.
- You have strong experience working with manufacturing processes in a MES perspective.
- You have solid experience developing and deploying MES systems on enterprise level.
- You have solid experience with SAP ERP Operations (modules MM, PP and CA) and with the Microsoft office portfolio.
- It is a plus if you are familiar with Siemens MES solutions.
- You are fluent in English, and it is an advantage if you also master Danish.
On a personal level, being outgoing and great at networking will get you far. You know how to involve people around you and establish relations on all organizational levels aiming to build strong solutions. Excellent communication skills allow you to be persistent while also navigating your many different stakeholders and their opinions, and finally, you know how to balance a holistic approach with going into details when necessary.
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your application. The recruitment process is carried out together with Compass Human Resources Group. If you need further information about the position, please contact Senior Consultant Mikael Hage at +45 21 32 92 12. All enquiries will be handled confidentially. To apply, use the “Apply” button below.
We ask you to apply as soon as possible to be sure your application is taken into consideration.
Deadline for application: As soon as possible
Company: Grundfos A/S