Cloud Architect - Azure
If you are motivated by being part of a full migration to cloud with everything that follows – do read on!
From “On-Prem” to Cloud – the whole process
The purpose of this role is to get Semco from an “On-Prem-Solution” to a full cloud-based-solution. It will involve getting the business requirements mapped to the technical capabilities in Microsoft Azure and design the right technical architecture to achieve the desired outcomes.
This also encompasses several aspects i.e., technology, business requirements, legal requirements, and processes as well as organizational aspects ensuring that the best decisions are made to support the business with IT-services that meet the growth and complexity of the business with focus on standardization, automation, governance, and cost.
Examples of specific task could be:
- Accountable for the architecture of the cloud platform which supports business goals, is manageable, operable, maintainable, secure, supportable, and cost efficient.
- Accountable for designing a platform which provides an easy overview of KPIs for the platform as part of the governance (i.e., cost, usage, security, subscriptions etc).
- Accountable for a coherent cloud platform across different Microsoft products (Azure cloud, Power Platform, M365, DevOps etc) in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Designing of platform governed by policies, blueprints, management groups etc and easy follow up based on Microsoft best practices.
- Focus on automation in relation to creation, maintenance, and decommissioning of cloud components.
- Owning the overall technical relationship and strategy between the business and IT at Semco for cloud services.
- Monitor and test new technologies to improve the cloud setup in terms of business functionality, security, and simplification.
- Leading architectural design sessions, developing proof of concepts/pilots, implementing projects, and delivering ongoing refinement and enhancement of cloud services.
- Assisting in license discussions.
Experienced Cloud Architect – proven track record of migrating to Azure
Your most valuable skill is your experience – you have done it before and know all the dos and don’ts. You come from a similar role in a larger company where you have migrated to MS Azure. Your technical acumen manifests itself in applying technical knowledge and business insights to create a modernization roadmap. You can architect solutions to meet business and IT needs. You ensure technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key infrastructure technologies.
As a person you can follow processes, systems, and documentation as expected; you identify issues or barriers to efficiency independently and propose solutions. You possess a strong analytical mind and have problem-solving skills whilst maintaining an overview and a good overall understanding of the business.
You have effective communication and collaborative skills, making you able to handle stakeholders at all levels in the organisation especially towards colleagues in the Philippines.
Your commercial mindset combined with your technical understanding bring good solutions for Semco and all involved.
This position is in Ballerup or Esbjerg and most of the communication is in English.
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group. If you need further information about the position, please contact Recruitment Consultant Josephine Haslund at +45 2829 3728 or Senior Consultant Claus Mengel-Niemann at +45 2263 3377. All enquiries will be handled with confidentiality. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis independently of the deadline. Therefore, we ask you to apply as soon as possible to make sure that your application is taken into consideration.
Semco Maritime A/S, formerly known as C.W. Obel Maritime, was established in1980.
Originally, the company has its roots back to the end of the 1800s, manufacturing stoves, however, after World War 2, producing high-quality technical installations for the marine and ship-building industry.
Today, the company builds on four pillars: Renewables, Rig & Offshore Marine, Products & Technology and Oil & Gas.
Semco offers decades of expertise within multi-disciplined engineering, procurement, and construction. Semco has a long history from delivering turnkey projects and solutions, to outsourcing of personnel, systems, and solutions worldwide. Please contact us for further information.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Workplace: Ballerup or Esbjerg
Company: Semco Maritime