Kappa Bioscience focuses on designing solutions centered around Vitamin K2 to enable people to live in a better, healthier way. The company provides its clients with a holistic approach connecting all the dots from research to turnkey solutions and marketing initiatives to drive powerful product launches and growth strategies. As a leading K2 provider Kappa Bioscience has become internationally synonymous with trust & innovation in the healthcare space. The company is headquartered in Oslo, where R&D, Science, Production, Quality & Regulatory Affairs, Finance and Operations departments are located. Our Hamburg office covers all global Sales, Marketing and Logistics activities.
Reporting to our Head of Supply Chain, the Demand Planner will play an essential role in driving and optimizing the demand and inventory levels. You will be responsible for all demand planning activities including estimating future product demand, analyzing sales performance and developing forecast models. This is an opportunity to have impact and join a company in strong growth, with a complex value chain and global activities.
- Responsibility for the demand plan of all finished products and preparation of the demand review including reporting on KPI. Provide an agreed-on demand plan for the S&OP process.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing in order understand the forecasting drivers, as well as to develop and monitor forecasts and demand plan accuracy.
- Replenishment and inventory management of the company’s distribution centers.
- Secure alignment with other departments and reflect targets and timelines in the demand plan with regards to among others product launches / conversions, sourcing changes and material changes.
- Challenge the forecasts from the sales teams with relevant data analysis. Improve the forecasts accuracy (statistical models,etc). Identify possible under-performers and implement solutions to improve accuracy.
- Manage finished goods Inventory levels and ensure availability in the warehouses according to safety stocks and demand plan. Create inventory improvement suggestions and plans.
- Place inter-company orders according to the demand plan.
- Implement a demand planning software tool. Support for related IT projects.
- Manage and maintain relevant master data, among others safety stock levels, lead times, inter-company transfer pricing, average selling pricing
- Higher academic education combined with min 3 years of working experience in a demand planning, forecasting supply chain planning or other similar role, ideally in a company with tiered production activities (either in-house or via 3rd party) operating globally.
- Solid understanding of supply chain / inventory management best practices and procedures.
- Excellent skills in MS Excel.
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment with distributed geography is desirable.
- Working knowledge of demand planning / forecasting software, CRM as well as BC365 (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) is a plus.
- Strong Financial & Commercial understanding.
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of a Scandinavian language or German is desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and evolving environment.
- Business acumen and drive to understand company profit drivers, industry trends and customer demands.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to influence and motivate internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent numerical reasoning abilities.
- Analytical skills and structured method of working
- Hands-on with an ability to work across all levels of the organization.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills and a positive mindset.
- Working as a link between departments and regions gives the opportunity to contribute to a next-level collaboration between these.
- This is a new position in the company, with the possibility to participate in forming and designing it.
- Key position for the supply chain department as we aim for a demand-driven supply chain
- A leading, innovation focused company with ambitious growth strategies, global reach, and a unique positioning.
- A flat, quick paced organization offering the opportunity to make a difference and have impact.
- A company in strong growth, backed by strong financial owners. Financial success that enables the company to invest back into its business and team.
- The opportunity to join a great, multicultural & multinational team!
Kappa is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
Apply for this exciting position at KappaBioscience
The recruitment process is carried out by Compass Human Resources AS. If you want to know more about the position, please contact Managing Partner Bjørn Erik Graff at Compass on +47 970 55 587.