Development Engineer - Electric Motors
Would you like to be a part of a team developing energy-efficient motors for unique pumps and systems?
And by this making a big difference to people across the globe?Then join Grundfos as their new Development Engineer – electric motors.
What is the job about?
You will be a part of Grundfos’ experienced Motor Design & Simulation team where the focus is on quality, sustainability and professional expertise allow them to develop motors for the world’s most energy-efficient pumps and systems. Here you really get the chance of influencing their products and technology development in an innovative environment. The Motor Design & Simulation team is a department in their Architecture & Modularization function. Within this function you will be working with other engineers as well as specialists from other disciplines.
As Grundfos’ sustainability agenda requires a growing share of their electric motors to be converter driven (PWM) and more power dense, the requirements for the insulation systems increase, and so does the complexity of the design- and simulations tools needed.
In the Motor Design & Simulation department, your colleagues will primarily be Electrical Engineers. Together you are responsible for the electric and electromagnetic design of all the motors in Grundfos pumps, working on pre-studies to prepare for development projects as well as supporting development projects. In this work you will be in contact with many different colleagues globally.
You refer directly to Senior Manager Pia S. Laursen.
“This is a highly experienced team and we are trusted and respected as advisors on motor design and simulation across the organization. We do not rest on our laurels, but keep developing our knowledge through sparring, knowledge sharing and helping each other. – and we will also help you settle into your new position” Pia explains.
Your main responsibilities:
This job is about insulation systems and electrical safety in order to maintain high quality in their products which is a key stone for Grundfos.
- Develop their capabilities to foresee the impact on insulation systems at VFD operation, improving their capabilities withing electrostatic finite element simulations to predict partial discharges and bearing currents combined with practical test for validation.
- Evaluate new upcoming materials like better thermal conduction materials.
- Be the point of contact for suppliers and purchase on technical questions related to the areas. This includes visiting suppliers globally.
- Develop, specify, and partly perform validation tests (e.g. test of copper wire).
- Be consulted by colleagues in technology and product development projects including interaction with approvals and quality.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation.
We imagine that:
- You hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical engineering, marine engineering or similar.
- You have relevant work experience in regards of this role.
- You have experience or interest within electromagnetic finite element simulations.
- You speak and write English effortlessly. It is a plus if you also speak Danish.
On a personal level, you take an analytical approach and have an eye for the detail. As we have production units across the globe, you thrive working in a global environment across borders and cultures. Being a team player, you help and challenge your colleagues to make a difference, and you are not afraid to seek knowledge outside your team. Finally, you must be able to relentlessly push for high quality of materials from suppliers.
What’s in it for you?
Whether it is developing leadership skills or advancing your expertise even further, Grundfos will support you with continuous learning and development opportunities, to help discuss and steer your long-term Grundfos career path. You will be welcomed from day one into an inclusive, trusting environment guided by six core values.
In addition, your day-to-day benefits include:
- If you will be working from your home office, Grundfos will make sure you are well equipped with a good workstation. However, you are always welcome to their offices where you can engage, learn, and have fun with colleagues
- On top of it, flexible working hours and up to 3 days’ additional paid leave for volunteering of your choice
- Annual bonuses, health insurance, parental support, internal well-being consultants and programmes
- Access to the modern Grundfos Academy to pursue further both personal and professional development
- Diverse, inclusive environment with employee-led forums offering colleagues a safe place to connect and share openly
Intrigued? Please send your CV today
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group. If you need further information about the position, please contact Recruitment Consultant Josephine Haslund at +45 2829 3728. All enquiries will be handled with confidentiality. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. Therefore, we ask you to apply as soon as possible to make sure that your application is taken into consideration.
Deadline: As soon as possible