Director of Legal - Europe & AME
TGS employs approximately 570 employees with its corporate headquarters in Oslo, Norway and its operational headquarters in Houston, Texas, U.S.A. The company’s other main offices are located in the UK, Brazil and Perth, with further employees located in other cities around the globe. The company’s stock is traded on the Oslo Stock Exchange, is part of the OBX Index (25 most liquid shares at the OSE).
TGS’ primary business is to provide data and intelligence to companies and investors active in the energy sector. TGS offers extensive global data libraries that include seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, multi-beam and coring data, digital well logs and production data, and new energy solutions data. TGS also offers specialized services such as advanced processing and analytics and cloud-based data applications and solutions.
The Director of Legal – Europe & AME role primarily serves as an inhouse expert and provides complex legal advice and support to the Europe & AME Business Units.
The Director will work closely with the business and be a trusted and important partner to the management in TGS, with involvement in mergers and acquisitions, credit arrangements and other corporate transactions, and handling of various litigation matters. The Director will take a leadership role in the consideration and resolution of the legal aspects of his or her assigned projects and will work independently with client groups.
This role is a member of the Global Legal team consisting of four lawyers, and will also handle various matters globally, including providing advice and support to other business activities worldwide. The Director reports to the EVP Legal based in Houston.
- Functioning as a point of contact for client/business unit/support function interactions
- Administering due diligence and drafting support with regards to M&A, credit arrangements and other corporate transactions
- Drafting, negotiating and amending customer and vendor contracts of all varieties
- Liaising and negotiating with various customers and vendors as required
- Carrying out research on various legal issues
- Identifying and managing outside counsel in various jurisdictions and disciplines
- Collaborating with other members of the legal team in achieving objectives and completing projects and in sharing expertise
Qualifications and experience:
- Transactional legal experience within M&A
- Strong competence and experience within corporate and contract law
- Ability to oversee and manage outside counsel on a variety of issues
- 7 – 10 years of transactional legal experience (firm or in-house)
- Legal qualification from a Norwegian, UK or US accredited law school
We are looking for you who are business minded with an entrepreneurial spirit, who are operational and commercial. We think you have strong decision-making skills and can work independently without direct supervision. As a person you are self-confident and trustworthy but also collaborative and team oriented.
- Interesting and challenging work task within the law area; with a strong focus in M&A and corporate law
- Being close to the business, working with Finance/Business Development etc.
- Being part of a highly skilled law team
- Ambitious and enthusiastic colleagues
- Competitive compensation
To the right candidate, we can offer a professionally challenging position in a company with high ambitions. You will work in a global work environment with a flat and informal structure. There will be opportunities for professional and personal development in a position that offers varied work tasks. The role will require some travel.
Work location: TGS offices in Skøyen, Oslo
For more information about the role or TGS please contact Anne Qvenild in Compass Human Resources, +47 977 23 235, or email@example.com, or Camilla Sandberg on +47 414 76 181 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to the position by clicking the application button. According to GDPR we cannot accept CVs or cover letters via e-mail.