Environmental Sustainability Lead
On behalf of our client, a leading global company, we are looking for an independent and driven professional for a newly establish position as Environmental Sustainability Lead.
With a key focus on carbon emissions and sustainable restaurants including energy and resource conservation, carbon, water and waste reduction, and circularity, food waste and packaging reduction, the Environmental Sustainability Lead will play a key role in developing a leadership position for a leading corporation in the Nordics as the QSR leader in sustainability.
Help them envision and build a future in which the overall business, including several hundred restaurants across the Nordics contribute to our Net Zero ambitions and provide an environment for our customers that has a positive impact on the societies in which they operate.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Chief Sustainability Officer in the development of sustainability plan for carbon and energy reduction
- Providing leadership and subject matter expertise relating to energy efficiency, water efficiency, waste and recycling practices, biodiversity
- Working together with cross functional teams including operations, property, and marketing to develop an overarching strategy and roadmap that meets public commitments and reporting
- Devising resource reduction strategies (energy, water and waste) by building the business case and engaging key stakeholders
- Experience of embedding sustainability within a complex organisation (any knowledge of retail, QSR, food service would be beneficial)
- Experience with L.E.E:D. (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)
- Strong technical knowledge of developing and implementing an environmental sustainability strategy and understanding of carbon management
- Experience with biodiversity (would be advantageous)
- In-depth understanding of circularity and how to build circular systems
- Understand environmentally related standards and frameworks, such as TCFD, SECR, SBTs, ESOS and GHG protocol
- Strong passion and knowledge of ESG topics, with expertise in the environmental trends
You are passionate the role that businesses can play in helping achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals and ideally have:
- 5-10 years of engineering experience or of managing complex sustainability strategies within a built environment
- 5 years of experience managing complex large-scale business projects in design, engineering, or construction
- Capability in data analytics
- Financial acumen
- 4-year degree in mechanical engineering or a related discipline
Would you like to know more?
The recruitment process is carried out by Compass Human Resources Group A/S. If you want to know more about the position, please contact Research Manager Pernille Hemmingsen or Research Consultant Rebecca Saks on telephone +45 70 20 12 75. Please submit your application and CV through www.compasshrg.com, preferably as Word files, as soon as possible. Please note that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
Deadline for application: As soon as possible
Workplace: Copenhagen, Denmark or Stockholm, Sweden