Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners
Do you want to join a global leader in renewable energy infrastructure investment? Then Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners (CIP) is the perfect place for you. We are currently looking for a Financial Controller for our Treasury & Transfer Agency team within the CFO area in Copenhagen.
The CFO area includes CIP Finance & IT, Legal, ESG, Compliance & Risk, Tax, Financial Planning & Analysis, Fund Performance and Public Affairs & Marketing. In total more than 200 employees who are committed and highly skilled with complex issues and providing constructive solutions. The global presence of CIP offers a large interface throughout the organization by working both cross functional and globally.
The role and expectations
As Financial Controller you will become member of Treasury & Transfer Agency which is a team of six (including two student analysts). The team is working within CIP Finance & IT and is part of Business Finance, Fund Structure, Data & Analytics and Treasury.
You will together with our Treasury Specialist be handed the lead responsibility for the liquidity management of funds focused on investments in renewable energy and associated infrastructure. This entails playing an important role in the liquidity forecasting activities within the funds, ensuring sufficient liquidity to meet cash needs within complex fund and ownership structures. With this responsibility, you will have a central role within CIP.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain short term fund liquidity forecast in cooperation with your team colleagues and other stakeholders in CIP.
- Communication with investors on subjects related to capital calls, distributions, and financial reporting.
- Support and initiate optimization of our processes and how we work.
- Manage the processes supporting capital calls and distributions from/to investors in complex fund structures.
- Review and QA of work carried out by external service providers.
- Continuously being involved in ad hoc assignments across the organization, including Investor Relations, Tax, Legal and Investment Management.
- Other tasks could include handling of some of our internal investors and updating financial master data for investors in cooperation with Investor Relations and our student analysts.
Given the above tasks, you will get the opportunity to communicate with large institutional investors, working with complex LPAs/credit facility agreements – and handle large amounts related to high-profile transactions in the context of renewable energy investments.
This position is not a typical financial controller position, but having a background as financial controller or from auditing will give you a good background for working with funds and investments which – with its complexity – will challenge you in your daily work in a developing way.
- Relevant higher education within Finance, Economics or Business Administration.
- 2-4 years of experience in a finance, accounting or FP&A function, e.g. as a financial controller, or working in an audit team.
- Experience working in multiple work streams simultaneously, with a focus on detail and sensitive to time management.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic and changeable environment.
- Strong IT-skills, particularly in Excel and ideally (insert name) ERP.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Some experience from the financial sector would be an advantage, e.g. working in a pension fund, private equity fund manager or with institutional investors from a major audit firm, but is not a prerequisite if you have the right proactive and keen-to-learn mindset.
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group. If you want to learn more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Senior Research Consultant Tobias Møller Simonsen or Partner Anita Blinkenborg, at +45 70 20 12 75. As we process CVs continuously, we encourage you to submit your CV at your earliest convenience if you are interested. Please note that all enquiries will be handled with confidentiality and that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
Building value that matters
Founded in 2012, Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners P/S (CIP) today is the world’s largest dedicated fund manager within greenfield renewable energy investments and a global leader in offshore wind. The funds managed by CIP focuses on investments in offshore and onshore wind, solar PV, biomass and energy-from-waste, transmission and distribution, reserve capacity, storage, advanced bioenergy, and Power-to-X.
CIP manages 11 funds and has to date raised approximately EUR 26 billion for investments in energy and associated infrastructure from more than 150 international institutional investors.
CIP has more than 500 employees and offices in Copenhagen, London, Hamburg, Utrecht, Madrid, Munich, Luxembourg, New York, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul, and Melbourne.
Deadline: As soon as possible
Workplace: Copenhage Ø
Company: Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners