Global Quality Director (Business Unit Quality Lead)
For a global growth medical technology company
Do you want to be a key player in a high growth medical technology business? Are you passionate about developing and optimizing quality processes in a global organization? Do you want to have a positive impact on peoples’ lives? Do you want to grow and develop high performing teams?
Our client is looking for a Business Unit Quality Leader with the responsibility for one of its business units with the highest growth rate. You will lead your leaders to develop high performing business-oriented teams with focus on its core values. Our client is working in a fast-paced, matrix environment that spans multiple cultures and geographies.
In the role you will be accountable for all quality aspects for the business unit. You will act as main quality point of contact for the business unit leadership team, and partner in the creation and execution of the business strategy. This involves ensuring business unit prioritization throughout the quality organization to enable timely execution of activities to deliver business results. Additionally, this role will assure that all quality activities are executed in compliance with applicable standards. This involves partnering with the global quality organization to ensure alignment between the Business unit and Global Quality.
We are looking for a driven executive leader with a global outlook who can combine the commercial aspects of the business with the technical expertise of quality to support business objectives and guide and mentor multiple teams to achieve their goals, professionally and personally.
As a leader, you are humble, empathic and motivated by coaching and inspiring your teams to achieve the set goals. Furthermore, you are a present and supportive person who is used to lead multiple teams across borders, and you can communicate on all levels in the organization. In order to succeed in the role, you are passionate, self-driven and structured.
With great opportunities, comes great responsibility
As the Business Unit Quality Lead your responsibility will be very broad and your task will include but are not limited to:
- Head of Quality for the business unit, overseeing manufacturing, sustaining quality engineering, and customer quality.
- Part of the global quality leadership team, representing the business unit quality and working horizontally with global functions to deliver on business priorities.
- Part of the leadership team, interacting with the business unit president and the direct staff, to enable continued growth of the business.
- Direct a quality organization of ~100 quality employees by leading, mentoring, coaching, and developing team and team leaders of site quality leads, sustaining engineering quality teams, and post market complaint analysis teams.
- Responsible for integrating new business acquisitions into the organization and performing M&A due diligence.
- Acts as person responsible for the legal manufacturer in the global organization.
- Participate in the development of strategic Quality Management System plans, objectives and goals in order to realize a Quality Management System that is characterized by being “value adding”, Business Driven, user friendly and effective.
Knowledge, experience and background
- 10+ years in the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a leadership role, preferably with leading leaders.
- Practical experience and global mastery in global quality standards and regulations governing medical products.
- Experience working in Quality Systems/Processes that cover Medical Device Design Controls and/or Pharmaceutical Development is preferred.
- Experience working in international environment in a global position is preferred
- Understanding of risk management principles and ability to apply these principles in day-to-day quality management activities, compliance issues, and business challenges.
- Fluent in English and one of the Nordic languages.
This is how you get started
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group. If you want to learn more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Research Manager Joan Hemmingsen or Director Christian Winther at +45 70 20 12 75. Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible, if you are interested. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. Please note that all enquiries will be handled with confidentiality and that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
Our client employs over almost 10.000 professionals in over 100 countries worldwide and has several manufacturing sites across the world. In 2022, our client generated a revenue of more than $2,000 million, showing a 5.8% growth compared to 2020.
Deadline for application: As soon as possible