Head of Compliance
P27 Nordic Payments
Head of Compliance for P27 Nordic Payments
Do you want to be part of creating one common state of the art payments platform in the Nordic countries? This is your chance to make an important contribution to P27 Nordic Payments reaching its vision to build the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies.
About this opportunity
To further strengthen the compliance competence in the company, we are looking for an experienced Head of Compliance who will lead the Compliance function and the team across the Nordics. You will report directly to the CEO and Board of P27 and will be a part of the management team. This position is based at P27s Stockholm office.
About the role
As Head of Compliance, you are responsible for the Compliance function at P27. Your team will cover all types of compliance-related tasks relevant for a clearing institution, including participating in P27’s dialogue with various authorities in the Nordic countries as well as owning the regulatory watch process.
You and the team will have daily contact with P27 colleagues at the offices in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Helsinki. You will also participate in the dialogue with the company’s third-party vendors. The Compliance function has close collaboration with the Risk function and the Internal Audit function of the company.
An overall task for the Compliance function is to support the business and operations of P27 to act in accordance with governing regulations and, where appropriate, also monitor compliance. You will provide information proactively and regularly regarding the risks that may arise in the operations as a consequence of deficient compliance. You will assist in identifying and assessing such risks and assist in the formulation of internal regulations.
Your role as Head of Compliance will also include informing the board of directors, the CEO and management with respect to compliance issues. Further, you will regularly ensure that the relevant personnel obtain information regarding new or amended regulations and, where required, train them in the new regulations.
P27 provides a critical financial infrastructure for the society and will act as a licensed clearing organization in the Nordics. The company is under the supervision of the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (Finansinspektionen). The company will also be under the oversight of the Swedish Riksbank along with the Danish Nationalbanken and Finnish Bank of Finland, based on the central bank memberships that P27 will have as a clearing organization.
You show a great passion for the mission and operation of P27 and we believe you find it highly motivating to contribute to the P27 journey from a Compliance perspective. You are a strong leader with great communications skills, and you act proactively and supportively towards your team, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, we expect that you have/are:
- A good business understanding and high integrity
- Excellent analytical skills
- Display self-leadership, good judgement, and ability to prioritise work tasks appropriately
- Ability to work both independently and as a core team member
- A team player
- Understanding of risk and control
- Possess a high-level of attention to details and quality of work
The values that guide us in P27 Nordic Payments are; Together – Excellence – Trust – Courage. We assume that you share these values with us.
Your experience and background
- 7+ years working experience with legal, information security, internal audit, compliance or similar position in a regulated financial business
- Background from business and/or operations within the financial sector is meritorious as well as experience from vendor management/outsourcing
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility with internal and external stakeholders
- Solid exposure working with Swedish regulators, and preferably other Nordic regulators.
- Fluency in English and in one of the Nordic languages (working language is English)
- Educational level: Bachelor or Master’s degree in relevant disciplines
Please apply as soon as possible, by registering your application and CV in English.
For further information please contact Compass Human Resources Group’s consultants Hans Jansson, +46 73 461 3603, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jens Nordqvist, +46 70 145 35 69, email@example.com. All enquiries will be handled with confidentiality.