Head of Core Service Infrastructure
P27 Nordic Payments
Do you want to be part of creating one common state of the art payments platform in the Nordic countries? This is your chance to make an important contribution to P27 Nordic Payments reaching its vision to build the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies.
About this opportunity
P27 Nordic Payments is right now building new Nordic payment rails that will enable financial institutions to offer batch as well as instant payments to their customers across to Nordics. And on top of the new payment rails, we are planning a new bill payment service that will enable modernization and streamlining of the way we pay for bills, e-invoices, and e-commerce in the future.
We are looking for an experienced leader to ensure the flexibility and stability of payments infrastructure in the Nordics – enabling people to exchange money smarter and faster.
About the role
For this team lead position in P27 Nordic Payments you will collaborate with our strategic Vendors to ensure the infrastructure around our service, which essentially is to deliver access to trade for Nordic companies and for private individuals to pay their bills or transfer money with their mobile solution.
You will work in close collaboration internally with several stakeholders, i.e., Product Management, Clearing Operations, Application & Enterprise Architecture, Business Continuity etc. to continuously deliver the fast, cost effective and safe execution of payments.
You will also:
- Lead a group of people across the Nordics with individual competencies with focus on solution-level decisions and analysis of their impact on the overall business goals and outcomes
- Govern the Infrastructure architecture for network and connectivity across the core service flow with particular focus on data center, equipment, hardware, middleware and eco system connectivity. This includes descriptions of the essential components including their interrelationships and assessing risks and improvement opportunities.
- Review, impact and verify ecosystem infrastructure in accordance with ITIL framework, including performance & capacity management, back-up and restore, patching and upgrading, identity & access management and configuration management.
- Create, review, impact and verify non-functional requirements related to performance and load of transactions
- Review, impact and verify ecosystem infrastructure from a disaster recovery perspective
You will be part of P27 Nordic Payment’s IT organization, which is responsible for the Security, Operations, Service Management, Application Development and Management, and Enterprise Architecture of the services offered by P27. You will be located at P27 office in Stockholm or Helsinki and report to the CIO.
Your experience and background
- Leadership experience from teams managing complex IT infrastructure
- In-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure as well as knowledge of computer networking. You must also be proficient in applying the knowledge to designing IT programs and solving problems
- Experience of vendor management within outsourced high-end infrastructure
- Previous experiences from other core infrastructure settings and achievements in making complex settings successful
- Bachelor’s degree candidates majoring in computer/software engineering or computer science followed by relevant certification
- Network to allocate needed expertise mitigating any possible issue
You will be part of a newly established team of ambitious, experienced, and helpful people. As a person, we expect you to identify with the following qualifications and competencies:
- Like to have fun and be part of building something new and interesting in the information and cybersecurity field.
- A great team player with good collaborative skills bringing different expertise together
- Lite to take responsibility and make things happen.
- Curious, persistent, thrives on tackling challenges and making a difference.
- Dedication to proactively arrange highest level of quality and mitigation against threats and issues
- A confident person with integrity, empathy, and a positive attitude to life.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills of complex and challenging issues.
- Good at conveying complex messages, so they become simple and easily understandable.
- Outgoing with good networking skills – both internally and externally.
- Able to impact – even across nationalities, cultures and organizational layers and entities
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark, Sweden, and Finland you must master English on a high level, and a Nordic language.
The values that guide us in P27 Nordic Payments are Together – Excellence – Trust – Courage. We assume that you share these values with us.
Application and more information
P27 Nordic Payments co-operates with Compass in this recruitment. If you want more information about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Compass consultants Hans Jansson on +46 73 461 36 03 or Jens Nordqvist on +46 70 145 35 69.
Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible, if you are interested. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
Background checks are an integrated part of our recruitment process.
Welcome with your application!
About P27 Nordic Payments
P27 Nordic Payments Platform AB is a company owned by six of the largest banks in the Nordics, Danske Bank, Handelsbanken, Nordea, OP Financial Group, SEB and Swedbank. The aim is to create one common state of the art payment platform in the Nordic countries. The work started in late 2017 with the ambition to launch all planned services in 2022/2023. The launch of P27 services is subject to a merger filing and clearing licence approval. The name P27 derives from the number of citizens in the Nordic countries, 27 million individuals. Read more about us at nordicpayments.eu and follow us on LinkedIn at P27 Nordic Payments.