At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Head of Ethics and Compliance Norway and Nordics
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career?
If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us!
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) focuses on what the organization needs by ensuring
- Ethical behaviour plays a fundamental role in risk mitigation
- Being a forward-thinking leader in risk identification and mitigation
- Building a modern function supporting achievement of Takeda’s Vision 2025
E&C will respond rapidly to changing environment and business needs, it is close to the market, and encourages ethical behaviour in line with Takeda’s values. By working in an agile manner E&C ensures the balance between stable structures, governance, processes and systems, and dynamic approaches to delivering innovative solutions to appropriately manage our risks.
E&C commits to
- Act as role model for Takeda’s values, ethics and values-based decision making, fostering this mindset in clients, partners and team
- Enable the organization to take decisions which are ethical and in line with our priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business
- Collaborate across all E&C teams and partner with stakeholders in Business Unit / Business Function (BU / BF) to embed ethics and compliance as part of the way everyone works at Takeda
- Ensure delivery of Ethics & Compliance support in Norway LOC (Local Operating Company) providing expert local in-sight on regulatory environment as well as identifying and escalation emerging issues in market
- Oversee the operations and projects of Ethics & Compliance professionals the Nordics MCO (Multi Country Organization)
- Support local teams in shaping the organizational mindset around the PTRB (Patient-Trust-Reputation-Business)-Model to firmly embed ethical decision-making principles
- Lead cross-functional teams on Transparency Reporting, procedure development, training, and related compliance projects and initiatives and internal control environment enhancement.
- Design & oversee LOC’s / MCO’s healthcare compliance and ethics written standards, procedures, controls and guidance documents, including the design, development and implementation of policy infrastructure and framework in line with Takeda’s global Compliance Policies and Procedures.
- Support and coordinate the annual Risk Management including Risk Assessment and Risk Mitigation
- Coordinate the execution of the company’s monitoring and the timely resolution of audit findings and related remediation plans
- Oversee the deployment of live and web-based compliance training to LOC, employees, and consultants and other Third Parties raising awareness on compliance-relevant matters such as global, regional & local enforcement trends
- Communicate progress on compliance program and initiatives to functional leads, various levels of management and also to EUCAN Compliance verbally and in written materials
- Participate or nominate someone from team to participate in and provide market feedback to global / BU / BF agile projects
- Be a permanent member of the LOC´s / MCO’s Leadership Team and of the EUCAN E&C Leadership Team. Chair Compliance related Committees
- Manage local Values Ambassador Network
- Participate in local Pharmaceutical Industry Compliance work groups to add input, gather and disseminate trends in applicable laws & regulations and healthcare best practice standards.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge for regulatory environments concerning events & HCP regulations (e.g. CNOM approval; DMOS)
- Perform local investigations and lead during local audits
- Follow-up on matters reported through the hotline or through other mechanism
- Acts as role model for Takeda’s values, ethics and values-based decision making
- High interpersonal and communication skills including ability to challenge and provide guidance to business
- Personal and professional maturity, able to motivate and inspire
- Leading and influencing with and without authority, including cross-functional projects
- Solution oriented strategic partner with a hands-on mind set
- Ability to build alliances, bridging
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple tasks and objectives
- Manages well complexity and ambiguity ability to develop and apply pragmatic solutions to complex legal, regulatory and industry best practice standards and requirements
- Mindset of curiosity, learning agility and interest in innovative ways of doing things
- Combines enterprise thinking and business focus
- Strong operations, process-orientation, data analytics, or technical expertise to effectively design, develop and implement compliance and relevant business processes, controls, and workflows
- Bachelor’s degree, relevant advanced degree is preferred
- Proven experience in healthcare and healthcare compliance, at least 10 years
- Strong business acumen
- Pharmaceutical, diagnostic or medical device experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of key laws, regulations and industry best practice standards
- Experience in aligning potential, present and future compliance risks related to the business, including risk identification, controls & risk mitigation of potential non-compliance
- Deep insights into ethical business decision making and very strong stakeholder-facing interactions and informal leadership abilities