Head of IT clearing, settlement and bill payments
P27 Nordic Payments
Do you want to be part of creating one common state of the art payments platform in the Nordic countries? This is your chance to make an important contribution to P27 Nordic Payments reaching its vision to build the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies.
About this opportunity
P27 Nordic Payments is right now building new Nordic payment rails that will enable financial institutions to offer batch as well as instant payments to their customers across to Nordics. And on top of the new payment rails, we are planning a new bill payment service that will enable modernization and streamlining of the way we pay for bills, e-invoices, and e-commerce in the future.
We are looking for an experienced leader to ensure the flexibility and stability of payments infrastructure in the Nordics – enabling people to exchange money smarter and faster.
Specifically, this means:
- Ensure that solution and application architecture is closely aligned to the business Strategy, Business Operating Model and IT strategy, and comply with all enterprise architecture requirements
- Lead a group of people with individual competencies with focus on solution-level decisions and analysis of their impact on the overall business goals and outcomes. The team is distributed across Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
- Design and maintain the solution and application architecture, a description of the essential components of a business, including their interrelationships
- Accountable for correct and thorough completion of the solution and application architecture
- Apply architectural processes and techniques across solutions and applications
- Lead the development of a solution and application architecture for the entire organization, from all architecture perspectives (Business Services, Business Processes, Information, Applications and Technology)
You will be part of P27 Nordic Payment’s IT organization, which is responsible for the Security, Operations, Service Management, Application Development and Management, and Enterprise Architecture of the services offered by P27. You will be located at P27 office in Stockholm or alternatively Copenhagen or Helsinki. You will report to the CIO.
About the role
For this team lead position in P27 Nordic Payments you will collaborate with the Vendors to ensure the stability of our service, which essentially is to deliver access to trade for Nordic companies and for private individuals to pay their bills or transfer money with their mobile solution. You will also work in close collaboration with Product Management, Clearing Operations and the other teams in IT to continuously deliver the fast, cheap and safe execution of payments. You will also:
- proactively facilitate finding solutions to complex challenges on system level, platform level, network level and across players in the value chain
- engage in all architect layers, most importantly on Technology (data, software components and integrations)
- ensure that the technical components of the project are in sync with the business needs of the organization
Your experience and background
- Leadership experience from teams managing complex IT infrastructures
- Previous experiences from either payments, banking and tech/platform ecosystems
- Bachelor’s degree candidates majoring in computer/software engineering or computer science followed by relevant certification
- Experience with driving technical planning and solutions for software portfolio, including authoring or managing the development of software designs, managing vendor evaluations, and justifying technical recommendations
- Knowledge of programming languages as well as knowledge of computer networking.
- Another qualification for the job is if you have experience from engaging with big vendors – and within that UK or US based cultures.
You will be part of a newly established team of ambitious, experienced, and helpful people. As a person, we expect you to identify with the following qualifications and competencies:
- are passionate about ensuring a stable, secure yet flexible service, to which you contribute with dedication and skills to identifying where engagement is needed
- can facilitate discussions about problems and solutions
- communicate background and resolution to all levels of the organizations
- are both intuitive and structured in how you work, communicate and collaborate
- chase and activate global best practice
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark, Sweden, and Finland you must master English on a high level both in writing and orally and a Nordic language.
The values that guide us in P27 Nordic Payments are Together – Excellence – Trust – Courage. We assume that you share these values with us.
Application and more information
P27 Nordic Payments co-operates with Compass in this recruitment. If you want more information about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Compass consultants Hans Jansson on +46 73 461 36 03 or Jens Nordqvist on +46 70 145 35 69.
Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible, if you are interested. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
Background checks are an integrated part of our recruitment process.
Welcome with your application!
About P27 Nordic Payments
P27 Nordic Payments Platform AB is a company owned by six of the largest banks in the Nordics, Danske Bank, Handelsbanken, Nordea, OP Financial Group, SEB and Swedbank. The aim is to create one common state of the art payment platform in the Nordic countries. The work started in late 2017 with the ambition to launch all planned services in 2022/2023. The launch of P27 services is subject to a merger filing and clearing licence approval. The name P27 derives from the number of citizens in the Nordic countries, 27 million individuals. Read more about us at nordicpayments.eu and follow us on LinkedIn at P27 Nordic Payments.