Head of Risk/CRO
P27 Nordic Payments
Do you want to be part of creating one common state of the art payments platform in the Nordic countries? This is your chance to make an important contribution to P27 Nordic Payments reaching its vision to build the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies.
About this opportunity
In this exciting opportunity, you will be heading P27 Nordic Payments risk department. The department is growing and is planned to consist of four members in the coming year. You are located in the Stockholm office.
P27 Nordic Payments is right now building new Nordic payment rails that will enable financial institutions to offer batch as well as instant payments to their customers across to Nordics. And on top of the new payment rails, we are planning a new bill payment service that will enable modernization and streamlining of the way we pay for bills, e-invoices, and e-commerce in the future.
About the role
In this role you will head the Risk department. The Risk department is second line of defence and supports the management to ensure that risks are effectively managed. The overall responsibility of the position is to lead a robust and efficient Risk Function that support the overall goals of P27. Managing risks within the areas of IT, outsourcing and cybersecurity will be of particular importance. Your task includes but are not limited to:
- Monitor that the work performed in the Function is carried out according to Internal and External rules
- The Head of risk is responsible to perform an independent risk assessment and suggest an annual plan for the risk function to the Board for approval. Thereafter the head is responsible for executing on this plan and reporting back on progress and completing the plan to the Board.
- Provide reporting of the Company’s risks, risk exposures, evaluation of the risk situation against the risk appetite and evaluation of the first line of defence’s risk management work including the evaluation of the risk management framework
- Secure high-risk awareness and a robust risk culture in the company, including information and education regarding risk management to the company and its employees
- Develop defined and updated instructions and documented procedures to manage the functions responsibilities and undertakings
- Monitoring and controlling that all significant risks that the Company is, or might be, exposed to are identified and managed by the relevant function
- Ensure competence and continuous education and training for the Risk Function staff
- Ensure that all functions within the company monitors their risks in an efficient and effective manner
- Inform responsible managers of any observed unacceptable risk-taking and recommend remedies
Your experience and background
We expect the candidate to have a university degree within law, computer science, finance or other that is relevant for the role.
The ideal candidate comes with a solid background within a regulated market with focus on risk management, a strong track record in risk management and leadership which includes the following professional and personal qualifications:
- Management experience/experience with employee development
- Solid knowledge of risk within outsourcing and cyberrisk
- Solid knowledge of risk management
- Experience with Financial authorities guidelines and financial sector regulation as outsourcing regulation.
You will be part of a newly established team of ambitious, experienced, and helpful people. As a person, we expect you to identify with the following qualifications and competencies:
- Provide strong leadership and empowerment in a changing and complex environment
- Curious, prestigeless, persistent, thrives on tackling challenges and making a difference
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills of complex and challenging issues
- Team player with good stakeholder and collaborative skills and skilled to navigate among many stakeholders
- Good at conveying complex messages, so they become simple and easily understandable
- Outgoing with good networking skills – both internally and externally
With colleagues in teams distributed in Denmark, Sweden, and Finland you must master English on a high level both in writing and orally and also a Nordic language.
The values that guide us in P27 Nordic Payments are Together – Excellence – Trust – Courage. We assume that you share these values with us.
Application and more information
P27 Nordic Payments co-operates with Compass in this recruitment. If you want more information about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Compass consultants Hans Jansson on +46 73 461 36 03 or Jens Nordqvist on +46 70 145 35 69.
Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible, if you are interested. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
Background checks are an integrated part of our recruitment process.
Welcome with your application!