Are you passionate about ensuring a good service delivery and do you have strong people and communication skills? Then you might be the Manager we are looking for!
World leader in allergy
ALK’s aspiration is to become the world leader in allergy by helping as many people as possible with allergy to a better life by providing options of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of allergy. In Global IT, they contribute to this aspiration by supporting the organisation with modern IT tools and technologies, and by delivering world-class support to their many colleagues around the world.
The Global IT Organisation is on an exciting change journey, and as a result the IT Operations & Support department has been merged with the Infrastructure Services department. This merger has created the need for a new talented Manager, Global IT Operations to come join the organisation.
Your role as Manager, Global IT Operations
Working in close collaboration with other managers in Global IT Infrastructure Services, Operations & Support, you will manage a team of 11 employees consisting of IT Administrators, Engineers and Architects located at different sites in Europe. It will be your responsibility to ensure that your team lives up to their full potential and delivers a world-class service to the business globally.
You will be setting the day-to-day direction for the IT Operations team, and with a special eye on development you must ensure that your team grows professionally. You will also report on effectiveness, service level and satisfaction on an ongoing basis to the management team and engage in new initiatives that can benefit the operational level.
To succeed in this role, it is important that you have great people skills and really feel at home in managing stakeholders at every level of the organisation. Furthermore, ALK is looking for a person with experience in managing a technical team, and if you have knowledge of IT Operation areas like Backup/restore, DR, VMware, Patching, Monitoring, and troubleshooting on MS Windows level, it will be an advantage. It will also be an advantage if you have experience with ITIL processes and/or ServiceNow workflows and reporting. Moreover, as GxP Compliance and documentation is a part of their mindset, it is an advantage if you have experience and demonstrated ability to achieve compliance in an effective and useful way.
This is an international role where you can expect a moderate amount of travel days in the area of 50-75 days per year. It is therefore important that you are flexible and able to travel internationally, also on rare occasions on short notice.
Fields of responsibility
- Ensuring resilient and proactive global IT operations in the company
- Acting as primary escalation point for issues concerning IT Operations
- Identifying and implementing best practices for optimizing IT Operations
- Reporting on performance according to KPI’s
- Participating in IT Operations related projects
- Managing a weekend phone watch rotation schedule
- Participate in weekend management escalation shifts
- Act as business stopper (major incident) process owner
As a candidate for the role you have:
- An education in computer science, engineering, or similar experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing an international team of employees
- Great people and stakeholder management skills
- Experience with IT Operation activities like Backup, Patching, Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Experience with ITIL processes and S/OLA governance is an advantage
- Experience with GxP and qualification of computerized systems is an advantage
- Fluent in spoken and written English is a requirement – additional languages is an advantage
Global IT at ALK
Global IT at ALK is a global organisation of approximately 130 employees with three main hubs in Hørsholm, Madrid and Krakow and IT staff on their production sites and regional sales hubs in Germany, France and North America. Today, ALK has most IT competences in-house and you will have qualified colleagues across the globe.
They believe that good results and IT services go hand in hand with securing development and learning opportunities. Employees are encouraged to show respect and help each other every day. You will become part of an IT organization where they put competence and substance over format and presentation and prioritize iterative interactions.
ALK’s new IT strategy contains several new IT programmes and projects aimed at revitalising their IT infrastructure and application landscape. You will have the opportunity to work with and impact their:
- Evaluation, implementation, and adherence to SLAs ensuring minimal IT interruptions to business
- Work with and participate in testing new technologies and initiatives
- Strengthen Global IT Operations coherence, proactiveness and uniform issue resolution
Contact and application
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group A/S. If you want to learn more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Senior Consultant Kasper Birkegaard Pedersen on email@example.com. You can apply via our website www.compasshrg.com and attach your CV and cover letter, preferably as .pdf files. Please note that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
Deadline for application: As soon as possible and at the latest on August 15, 2021.