Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models’ orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence. We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute.
RackScale – Product Management Director
We are looking for a RackScale Product Management Director to take responsibility of an overall strategic roadmap, manage the product team and ensure that the product management process is in place and fosters activities that results in compelling products being produced. Working closely with other members of the Product, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering teams, this high-profile role will sit at the centre of how we take our products to market, translating highly technical product features and capabilities into easy-to-understand differentiated messaging that highlights the value of Graphcore’s technology for direct and indirect customers.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to phasing out of the product(s) across RackScale products/product lines.
- Management of RackScale product line, increasing profitability and setting of Profit and Loss goals for each product/product line.
- Creation of product strategy, product roadmaps and specification of product requirements.
- On-going development of the product vision and strategy. Synthesize ideas on strategy, planning and execution of next generation of products. Building consensus and driving execution.
- Maintain product and market knowledge. Analyses and keep abreast of market trends.
- Aggressively identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate new product features on an on-going basis. Define market opportunities and develop product briefs.
- Manage the product team
- Lead cross-functional teams to realize product concepts and bring them to market. Work with customers and internally to define and refine product requirements.
- Best practice research and benchmarking. Conduct competitive analysis and develop a strong understanding of stakeholders to drive development decisions.
- Develop and manage relationships with customers.
- Function as the technical contact point.
- Act as an evangelist for Graphcore products via presentations at customers, trade events, blog posts, etc.
- Engage with the sales and field team to understand product use cases and key decision factors
- Team with Marketing to plan and execute marketing communications activities including corporate and trade events, training, press/analyst briefings, and product launches
- Enable Sales with tools and training to support the selling process
- Coordinate with partners and customers on collaborative co-promotional sales and messaging
- +10 years of product management experience in high performance computing, processors, or machine learning-related field
- B.S. in Computer Science or another technical/mathematics discipline; MS/PhD/MBA is a plus
- Outstanding communication skills: verbal, writing, presentations, including ability to author original content
- Results oriented team-player
- Focused and creative
- International travel is required
You will report to VP of Product Management in Bristol but working closely with SVP Rack Scale systems in Oslo. This role is based in Oslo and will be part of the management team. For further information about the Norwegian branch (in Norwegian) here: https://www.digi.no/artikler/vil-revolusjonere-prosessorindustrien/438752?key=PEnLJ0QH
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment making Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful, for them to do their best.
For questions regarding the position or Graphcore, please contact Bjørn Erik Graff +47 970 555 87 or Hanna Kaupang +47 481 72 822 in Compass Human Resources.
Please submit your application and CV in English using the application button («Apply here» or «Søk på stillingen»).