Regional Pricing Manager – MedTech
Do you want to work with one of the most well-known brands in the industry and be the regional lead of the pricing agenda?
Very strong brand with market leading positions
Olympus was established for more than 100 years ago and has developed into a major player, particular within the MedTech business area. They have businesses in 40 countries, have more than 35,000 employees and have a purpose of making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling. With global headquarter in Tokyo, Japan they have always been at the forefront of developing state of the art equipment for their patients.
Based out of either Ballerup, Denmark or out of Leiderdorp, The Netherlands they are now expanding with this new position as the Regional Pricing Manager. You will be part of the Nordic region consisting of The Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway and the 3 Baltic countries.
Regional strategy and operational responsible
Olympus was founded more than 100 years ago and are well known for high end camera technology. Today they have a significant global market share in their business areas, especially within Medical, and they are keen on expanding this even further. This new position is a key element to reach this target in the entire region and you will therefore work closely with the entire sales force and the commercial excellence colleagues to ensure business are won in a profitable way. You will set up regional pricing processes and you will furthermore be instrumental in the increased focus of cross selling to the customers.
Your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Facilitating local pricing strategy adaptation and formalization in cooperation with all key responsible stakeholders and in-line with the business strategy.
- In cooperation with Product Management and Sales, setting appropriate product prices reflecting local market dynamics as well as Regional/European guidelines.
- Performing regular price performance monitoring, analytics, and scenario analyses (in close cooperation with local teams). Raising and discussing issues with product management and sales management in charge.
- Building and sharing periodical pricing intelligence tracking on competitor’s pricing behaviour based on defined information sources, and in compliance with pricing intelligence process defined at European level and corporate legal standards.
- Supporting tender management process and pricing through analytics and insights.
- Communicating guideline and tactics for price negotiations. Training and actively supporting the sales force in price negotiations in the field.
Taking numbers into action
We expect you to have a strong strategic view on regional pricing and know how this can have a powerful effect on revenue and profit if it is done right. You enjoy working in a matrix organisation where you know how to reach your results and get the buy in from many stakeholders in the organisation. You are curious to gain knowledge about the business environment and you want to understand the business dynamics and trends as well as the competitor’s behaviour. In order to have success in this position we expect you to have 5 to 8 years of experience driving the pricing agenda preferably in an international company that should be equally complex and preferably tender driven. You will work in close cooperation with country directors and other stakeholders utilising pricing as one of the strategic cornerstones to increase revenue and profit.
Would you like to know more?
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group. If you want to learn more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Research Consultant Kristian Aagerup or Director Christian Winther on telephone +45 70 20 12 75. Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible, if you are interested. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. Please note that all enquiries will be handled with confidentiality and that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
Olympus is passionate about creating customer-driven solutions for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, and ensuring public safety. Olympus is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, with more than 35,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries and regions.
Deadline for application: As soon as possible
Workplace: Ballerup, Denmark or Leiderdorp, The Netherlands