Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models’ orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence. We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute.
Senior AI Data Pipeline Acceleration Engineers
The performance of Graphcore’s IPU is going to be transformative across all industries and sectors whether you are a medical researcher, a roboticist or building autonomous cars. Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology. What we do really makes a difference.
As a AI Data Pipeline acceleration engineer, you will be part of Graphcore’s engineering team in Oslo, developing Graphcore`s scale out technology for our Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU). In your work you will interact closely with the software and hardware teams to develop core IP and related components for our scale out solution.
This position will focus on development of high-performance data feed of our IPU ML/AI processors.
Special experience expected:
- AI data-augmentation for support of AI frameworks, CPU performance tuning.
- Knowledge from
- Image formats (e.g. JTAG, PNG).
- Video formats (e.g. H.264, HEVC, P8 or VP9)
- Audio formats
- Background from GPU/FPGA programming for accelerating graphics, image manipulation
- General cryptographic insight, Elliptic-curve cryptography (ECC), Cipher algorithms AES, RSA, etc.
- Optimizing computer IO, cache hits and file system access
- Storage network access (e.g. NVM Express over Fabrics, iSCSI, iSER, SRP)
- GPU and DSP for voice, image and video processing
Useful background can be image manipulation, gaming, car vision or other similar problem complexes.
SW background from the following will be useful:
- Master’s degree in computer science or other relevant technical degree
- General Software development experience
- Test driven design
- Automated software testing
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile methodology
- Familiar with continuous integration: Phabricator, Jenkins, Gitlab or Buildbot
- Software configuration management: Git
You will join a strong SW team that works in close interaction with colleagues in Bristol. This is a full-time role based in Oslo (Norway). Read more about the Norwegian branch (in Norwegian) here: https://www.digi.no/artikler/vil-revolusjonere-prosessorindustrien/438752?key=PEnLJ0QH
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment making Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful, in order for them to do their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
For questions regarding the position or Graphcore, please contact Stein-Sverre Wold +47 906 88 270 or Hanna Kaupang +47 481 72 822 in Compass Human Resources.