Senior Director Sales
Would you like to combine your medical device sales experience with leading internal teams to deliver best in class customer solutions? And would you like to join a world leading MedTech company working towards improving treatments of chronic diseases such as Diabetes and Parkinson’s Disease? Then you might by Convatec’s new Senior Director, Sales.
At Convatec, Infusion Care, they are transforming their business for the better. Better products. Better ways of working. And better ways of delivering to their customers and each other. They are aiming for nothing short of excellence. Join them on this transformative journey as Senior Director, Sales and help shape the future of the company and their customers.
As Senior Director, Sales you will report to the VP Commercial Infusion Care and be a key member of the Infusion Care Commercial leadership which also consists of leaders of marketing and business development.
You will own customer relationships with world leading medical device companies as well as develop and lead a team of commercial professionals with a focus on Convatec’s diabetes infusion care business. You will be the customer voice and you will manage customer projects. You will secure cross functional alignment and be working with many different stakeholders across the global organization. You will be part of an expanding commercial team with diverse backgrounds. Your tasks will be quite varied, and you will be challenged to further your career in this position.
Travel activity for this role is expected to be up to 40 days a year, mostly in the US.
We are looking for a strategic and visionary sales leader with a proven track record in building customer relationships. You are a strong team player with a cooperative mindset and are thriving in the cooperation with many internal and external stakeholders. You possess a strong commercial as well analytical mindset and have great experience with working globally with different cultures.
You have excellent communication skills and possess long-term proactivity. You are able to manage many projects simultaneously while keeping a structured and detail-oriented approach. Furthermore, you hold the ability to lead cross-functional stakeholders and build strong processes and capabilities through your leadership style.
With great opportunities comes great responsibility
As Senior Director, Sales your responsibility will be broad, and your task will include but are not limited to:
- Own global accounts for Convatec’s B2B diabetes infusion care business.
- Deliver or exceed budget on revenue and profitability for the owned accounts.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer environment, vision, strategy, challenges, and patient insights.
- Build strong and trusted relationships with customers’ key stakeholders as well as with internal stakeholders.
- Step up key account management capabilities and processes to deliver exceptional customer satisfaction and business results, working in close collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Work closely with R&D and Strategy teams on customer’s portfolio and product strategy, in line with Convatec’s strategy.
- Negotiate and manage contracts for existing and new projects.
- Coordinate and manage Customer Reviews and Quarterly Business Reviews to drive alignment internally and with the customer.
- Collaborate with customers to develop accurate short term and long-term volume forecasts.
- Collaborate with Operations team to ensure appropriate production capacity to deliver or exceed customer expectations.
- Develop and lead a team of experienced commercial professionals.
Knowledge, experience and background
- Min. 10 years’ experience in global commercial business roles, ideally in key account management.
- Experience in leading people – either managing teams in direct report or leading cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- Experience in managing international customer relationships.
- Strong communication and presentation skills oral/writing.
- Experience in working in a global matrix organization.
- Experience from medical device industry.
- Ability to think strategically and drive decisions.
- You may hold a Master or Bachelor degree within Business Administration or similar
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
This is how you get started
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group. If you want to learn more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Research Manager, Pernille Hemmingsen or Partner, Christian Winther at +45 70 20 12 75. Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible, if you are interested. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. Please note that all enquiries will be handled with confidentiality and that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
At Convatec, our vision is to develop pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch. We devise, develop, and manufacture innovative products and services that support people with deeply personal and challenging medical conditions, helping to improve care for them and giving them greater confidence, freedom, and mobility.
Convatec, Infusion Care is a part of a global medical technology business focused on serving people and care givers. We develop and market sterile disposable products for subcutaneous infusion of various medications. Specialized in the treatment of chronic diseases, such as Diabetes Mellitus and Parkinson’s Disease. Our manufacturing facilities in Denmark and Mexico produce more than 100 million infusion sets per year, making us the world leader within this field. Further information about the company can be found at our www.convatec.com.
Deadline for application: As soon as possible
Workplace: Preferably Søborg, Denmark, but hybrid working from Europe is possible
Company: ConvaTec (HQ)