Working out of Vallauris, close to Nice on the Côte d’Azur, or Smørum, near Copenhagen, Denmark.
We are looking for a senior director to lead the software development area in Oticon Medical and be a part of R&D leadership, reporting to VP, R&D.
Responsible for Software in an international fast growing MedTech company
At Oticon Medical, we develop industry-leading Bone Anchored Hearing Systems (BAHS) and Cochlear Implants (CI). You will be in charge of a large and fast-growing team of highly skilled and motivated engineers, as well as managers across sites in Denmark and France. The team, which is responsible for developing fitting solutions and eSW for hearing implants, has been through radical growth and development over recent years – development that will continue in the years to come as software solutions and eHealth plays an increasingly large role in hearing healthcare. For this reason, Oticon Medical requires a dedicated manager to orchestrate and drive this development journey.
- Overall leadership for the software area in Oticon Medical
- Continue the development of the SW team and expand it further, both in size and the way we work
- Drive and coordinate the R&D activities within eSW and fitting software, apps, etc.
- Facilitate and ensure smooth interaction with the project dimension
- Ensure alignment across the two business units (Bone Anchored and Cochlear Implants) and development sites
- Continuously maintain and develop procedures, skills, tools and methods within software to stay competitive
- Promote cooperation and optimisation within the area of Software, exploiting synergies in Oticon Medical and towards sister companies within the William Demant Group
- Increase value-add from software through product performance and user experience
Experienced leader within R&D
The perfect candidate is a senior R&D manager with a strong personality and proven leadership skills within healthcare, who naturally manages both on strategic and operational levels. Audiological knowledge will be seen as a strong advantage.
As a part of R&D Leadership you will also be a key contributor to the strategic development of R&D and Oticon Medical’s ways of developing products. In addition, the right candidate will also hold other strategic responsibility areas, such as R&D portfolio planning and eHealth development.
- Experience as a senior leader in healthcare with a business and product-driven mindset
- Ability to provide direction and clarity on strategic level within own function and for external stakeholders
- Curious about the needs from business, professionals and patients, and possess a good understanding of these
- Characterised by a high degree of technical and product insight and curiosity to support a multi-site and multi-disciplinary work environment
- Broad software and audiology understanding
- Experience with scrum/agile development
- Good understanding of regulatory requirements when developing medical devices
- Driven by results, knowledge of how to set goals and reach them with your team
- Skilled in creating and maintaining good relationships across all parts of the organisation
- Possess a natural authority
- Able to travel up to +40 days per year
Want to join the team? Then send your application and CV today as we are continuously screening applications.
Compass Human Resources Group are leading this recruitment process. For more information, please contact Ed Roffe at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44 (0) 207 118 1275.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About Oticon Medical
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. We are part of the William Demant Group – one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies with more than 13.000 employees worldwide and revenues of over DKK 13 billion. We share a close link with Oticon and have direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies. Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. By working collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals, we ensure that every solution we create is designed with user needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them. Because we know how much sound matters.
Deadline for application: As soon as possible
Company: Oticon Medical