Sourcing Engineers for Mechanical and Electrical components
Green Hydrogen Systems
Green Hydrogen Systems is looking for experienced Sourcing Engineers to join the Operations & Supply Chain organisation. As Sourcing Engineer, you will refer to the Director of Sourcing & Logistics and play a central role working at the intersection between strategic sourcing, R&D, and suppliers.
Areas of responsibility
- Ensure match between GHS component specification and supply base capability to achieve a competitive and efficient cost structure with a SQDIP focus (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Production)
- Contribute with technical knowledge concerning mechanical and electronic components to support the strategic purchasers in supplier engagements
- Ensure that all new parts are subject to a supplier review
- In cooperation with the Quality department, ensure that supplier audits are conducted according to established audit program
Specific work tasks
- Facilitate and drive design and supplier review process on sourced parts
- Secure capability assessment at supplier’s premises and bridge the gap between GHS specifications and supplier capability
- Lead supplier qualifications and plan and facilitate supplier audits in close collaboration with Quality
- Qualify new suppliers according to capability, capacity, and cost efficiency
- Support in NCR and claim handling towards suppliers
- Lead and execute change order implementation together with the strategic purchasers towards the supply base
- Obtain knowledge on non-conformities and ensure that structural misalignments are incorporated in new design
- Lead design reviews with R&D
- Secure knowledge transfer into New Product Development
- Ensure cost efficient and sourceable specifications – ensure design for manufacturing
- Interact deeply in assembly area to understand the manufacturability of the product
- Ensure and represent manufacturing in design reviews
- Conduct data analysis
- Participate in cost out program and identify cost out initiatives
To accomplish in this role, you will prove successful in partnering up with the strategic purchasers, adding the necessary technical know-how to define the optimal solution for GHS. Further, you will ensure that solid design reviews and Design for Sourcing feedback are implemented in the design of GHS’ products, and you will actively contribute to reducing non-conformance reports. You will enable a fast and seamless implementation of change orders and ensure that cost out plans are identified.
In this role, it is imperative that you are close to the suppliers, which is why you should expect 35-40 travelling days yearly.
We are looking for a person with at least five years of experience working as the link between suppliers and in house production. You have a technical (such as mechanical or electrical) background, and understand the tolerances from drawing and impact on the entire product in relation to function and cost. You know the supplier QA programmes (PPAP) and are able to identify the level of quality.
As a person, you hold strong intra-personal skills, and you are able to translate technical specifications into understandable knowledge. You are result oriented and thrive in a fast-paced environment where you take on responsibility and desire to make an impact.
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group. If you want to learn more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Consultant Maria Mathiasen at +45 41 95 08 83. Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible, if you are interested. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. Please note that all enquiries will be handled with confidentiality and that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
Deadline for application: As soon as possible
Company: Green Hydrogen Systems
Read more about Green Hydrogen Systems: https://www.compasshrg.com/green-hydrogen-systems/