System Test and QA Engineer
Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models’ orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence. We believe our IPU technology will become the worldwide standard for artificial intelligence compute.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology.
What we do really makes a difference.
We are looking for a test and QA engineer to help grow our System test and QA team. This team is tasked with developing and running tests designed to check the reliability, quality, and performance of our AI systems. These systems consist of dedicated Graphcore devices, hardware and software coupled with standard high-end servers, memory systems, networking, and Linux stacks. Various engineering teams are responsible for testing and delivering individual Graphcore hardware and software components. The System test and QA team is all about continuously validating the robustness and performance of the complete system at all levels.
The key skills required in the System tests & QA team are an understanding of the system under test followed by the development and integration of software and test scripts. Manual testing, automation and data analysis will also be required. Detailed knowledge of artificial intelligence models is not required – this is all about the platform and tools.
The test & QA team covers a range of activities. The role of each engineer may span all these areas or be more focused, depending on experience and interest.
- Develop tests and scripts which validate the integration of the hardware and software components into a complete system.
- Develop tests and scripts to check the complete system at sufficient scale to ensure that deployments and updates at customer sites have great quality and reliability.
- Develop and maintain automation of system testing and reporting of results.
- Perform continuous analysis of system-level data to check for interactions and regressions otherwise missed by hardware and software unit CI testing.
- Perform system stability testing at scale for various system sizes and application types.
- Perform automated system testing for platform configuration tools, firmware updates, reset cycles, power cycles, thermal events and other exceptional circumstances.
- Perform manual and automated GUI testing. This is a small part of the role at this time
- Solid background in electronics system testing and/or system QA involving both hardware and software components.
- Appreciation of high-performance computer systems and aspects which impact their performance and reliability. This could include networking, high-speed interfaces, clock/thermal control, software stability.
- Experience of developing and maintaining test frameworks, using tools such as Jenkins, Python scripting and ELK database analysis.
- Understanding of software integration and testing processes.
- Understanding of hardware aspects which may impact system reliability such as firmware updates, reset and supply events.
- Experience from system validation or system reliability testing will be appreciated.
- Solid analytical and reporting skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive, and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
For questions regarding the position or Graphcore, please contact Stein-Sverre Wold +47 906 88 270 or Hanna Kaupang +47 481 72 822.
Please submit your application and CV in English using the application button. As per GDPR we ask you not to send your CV or other personal data directly to the contact persons.