Are you passionate about healthcare products that enable patients to improve quality of life? Then here is the opportunity for you!
Smith+Nephew offers an exciting role as Tender Specialist with focus on the Danish Market. The position includes responsibility for preparing, submitting, and implementation of tenders according to the tender management processes. As the business is tender driven – efficient project leadership, planning, coordination, and execution in close collaboration with local sales teams and the Nordic Tender Excellence team is crucial for the role.
Competitive business in the Nordics
Smith+Nephew´s customers are primarily public regions, private hospitals, and wholesalers. A large majority of this business is tender business which calls for strategic business planning often with a perspective of 2 – 6 years. Overall, the business environment across the four business areas is highly competitive with some major companies having a significant presence. There is an increasing focus on proof of health economic cost, effectiveness and forming partnerships with the customers. Decision making is moved towards hospital management, administration, user groups and purchasing. Your success in this position, is therefore of paramount importance for the future success of Smith+Nephew in the Nordics.
Your tasks include:
- Lead on tender management processes in close collaboration with the Danish sales teams and Nordic tender team
- Supporting your team in developing relationship with key stakeholders through external meeting events, co-visits, MedTech association etc. and influence market development
- Supporting your team in market and procurement methods including information on customers, business potential, purchasing protocols, legislation, competitor activity and market trends across all franchises
- Continuously assess the tender area and market and use data and insights to identify business opportunities
- On-going contract management and follow-ups with both sales teams and external procurement departments
- Develop and provide performance insights for local sales teams on regular basis
- Monitor tender announcements on relevant online portals and initiate processes when new announcements are made
- Facilitate and roll-out tender knowledge-sharing, learning sessions and best practices between business areas and markets
Structured and proactive with a commercial mindset
To succeed in this role, you must be an expert in what it takes to be successful in a tender driven business. It is not important from which industry, but it is important that you have a commercial mindset and the right drive to ensure that business is won and successfully implemented. This means that you could already be part of the MedTech business or maybe you are part of for example the FMCG business area but want to change to MedTech and be part of a very purpose driven environment. If you furthermore have experience in analysing the outcome of the tender business and have worked closely with the sales organisation as their prime sparring partner, then this would be considered a plus. You are fluent in Danish and English both written and verbally.
Exciting workplace with Nordic and international interactions
This is an opportunity to become a key part of a world-leading company within medical technology and to work closely with many different stakeholders on both a national and Nordic level. It is also an opportunity to work with leading products and to help make healthcare better. The role will have a substantial impact on the business and offers exciting development opportunities for the right candidate.
Apply for this exciting position at Smith + Nephew
The recruitment process is carried out by Compass Human Resources Group A/S. If you want to know more about the position, please contact Research Consultant Emine Murati on telephone +45 70 20 12 75. Please submit your application and CV in English through www.compasshrg.com, preferably as Word files, as soon as possible. Please note that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
Smith + Nephew is a global medical technology business dedicated to helping improve people’s lives. They have leadership positions in Orthopaedic Reconstruction, Advanced Wound Management, Sports Medicine and Trauma. They have a global presence with 17,500 employees in more than 100 countries and revenue in excess of $5,1 billion. www.smith-nephew.com
Deadline for application: As soon as possible (interviews are held on an ongoing basis)
Workplace: Copenhagen, Denmark
Company: Smith + Nephew