Medical device company
We are looking for a VP of International Sales, based in Stockholm, to a Medical Device company in early phase. You will report to the Chief Commercial Officer, based in the US. You are responsible for driving international sales growth and managing the direct sales and distribution management team outside the United States.
You will join the company at an exiting time to build up the international sales organisation and to launch their brakethrough product outside the United States.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Identify the initial international target markets and develop individualized strategic launch plans that are catered to the differences in each market.
- Possess intimate knowledge of distributor contractual agreements and differences between direct and distributor sales organizations. Effectively negotiate terms of distributor agreements and make recommendations on commercial strategies in future markets.
- Develop the incentive compensation plan and distributor commission structure for the international sales organization.
- Develop and closely monitor the sales cycle timeline with emphasis on market prioritization, distributor identification, launch cadence, patient selection, KOL identification, physician training, and distributor support.
- Develop an international sales forecast broken out by individual market and work closely with marketing and manufacturing to ensure that expectations are clearly defined and exceeded.
- Determine the budget needs to drive international growth of the brand through the development of a strategic and tactical sales plan.
- Develop standards, process, and metrics to evaluate performance and measure productivity and ROI. Strategically monitor these metrics for each international market to determine effectiveness of each distributor partner.
- Work with marketing and other functions to develop a customer training and product marketing program that is tailored to meet the specific needs of each individual market.
- Determine downstream needs for sales support, including product literature, clinical data, competitive analysis, trade show and lead generation, ongoing publication strategies, and product samples. Tailor these needs accordingly, based on differences in each international market.
- Execute the launch plan by providing direction and training to direct team members and distributors regarding product introductions/overviews and in-services for customers.
- Constantly work to build relationships with distributors and key customer targets within a region, keeping them informed of company direction, new products, supply/inventory, and pricing trends.
- Monitor competitive activity across each global market by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, existing and new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc. Adjust strategy in different countries accordingly, and share pertinent information with other members of Commercial Team.
- Collect and supplement ongoing feedback from distributors and internationally-based direct sales employees and recommend changes in products, services, and policy by evaluating results and competitive marketplace developments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by on-the-job training, attending applicable conferences and educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and by participating in professional societies
- Meet or exceed quarterly sales quota.
- 60% travel to support the region. Position based in Stockholm.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required. MBA preferred.
- 10 years of related experience selling Medical Devices. Neurosurgical products preferred.
- Experience leading global sales organizations is required.
- Experience in start-up organizations or launching early stage technologies is required.
- A thorough knowledge of high-tech medical device market, products, and customer base.
- Proven track record of strong sales performance.
- Ability to work independently.
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group – If you would like to find out more about the role, please do not hesitate to contact Anders Larsson, Compass, on telephone +46 73 203 46 91 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The recruitment process has started, so please submit your CV and application as soon as possible. Position will be filled as soon as a proper candidate is available.
We look forward to your application.