Global Product Manager CI for Oticon Medical – Upstream Marketing
Do you have a strong technical background in the Cochlear Implant business, a commercial attitude and experience in the medical device industry as a product manager? Are you motivated by bridging marketing and R&D? Then you might be a good match for Oticon Medical. You will be based at their French HQ, on the beautiful and lively Cote d’Azur – just outside of Nice.
The Global Product Manager CI – Upstream at Oticon Medical manages the product portfolio of the Cochlear Implant (CI) business of the company, making sure that the right products are launched at the right time, within the right markets.
As an important link between the markets and the rest of the organisation, this individual understands market trends, translates them into product features, defines USPs and main marketing messages, as well as acting as an important contributor to the development of the overall product portfolio.
- Identifying relevant market insights through interaction with professionals, end users, sales organisation, R&D, Customer Service and the rest of Global Marketing
- Developing, maintaining, and growing relationships with key customers and KOL
- Contributing to developing USPs and the main product messages in cooperation with downstream marketing
- Translating market needs into product features to then be developed together with R&D
- Partnering with R&D in the development of products, ensuring that the perspectives of customers and patients are included in product specifications
- Cooperating with the Clinical Research department to develop the clinical roadmap
- Supporting the development of Oticon Medical’s strategies through active contribution to Product and Commercial roadmaps
- Cooperating with the RA/QA department to handle post-market surveillance outcomes and translate the user needs into product improvements
- Training the organisation on products’ features and sales messages
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in product management with solid business acumen and knowledge of the medical device market environment is required
- A solid knowledge of the Cochlear Implant business – a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- A bachelor’s degree is required, while a postgraduate degree is preferred and an MBA a plus
- Displays solid opinions on trends, necessary product improvements, and has a natural interest in consumer behaviour and competitive product strategies
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple tasks through eﬀective prioritisation in order to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities
- Skilled at eﬀectively communicating and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Proactive with strong problem-solving skills, comfortable in challenging existing practices and the status quo
- Strong individual contributor, but with the ability to work well in a team, especially with other Product Managers and functions in Global Marketing. Speaks up when important information or questions must be raised and takes action when issues must be addressed
- Excellent presentation skills
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of other European languages is a plus
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time
Our commitment to making a difference
Together with skilled colleagues, you are part of a dynamic environment based on trust and openness, and you will experience a strong passion for Oticon Medical’s patients. They are a growing international company where everybody supports the business by successfully bringing the best experience with their products to Oticon Medical’s users. You will be working in a bright and open workplace, where a flexible working environment, knowledge sharing and professional respect makes it meaningful to go to work.
Want to join the team?
Compass HRG are leading this search process. For more information please contact Research Consultant Ed Roffe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Oticon Medical
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. They are part of the Demant Group – one of the world’s largest groups of hearing health care companies with more than 12.000 employees worldwide and revenues of over DKK 12 billion. Oticon Medical shares a close link with Oticon and benefits from direct access to the latest advancements in hearing research and technologies. Their competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. By working collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals, Oticon Medical ensures that every solution they create is designed with user needs in mind. The company shares an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Deadline for application: As soon as possible
Workplace: Nice, France
Company: Oticon Medical