Lead Data Engineer
As a global partner, Bosch Rexroth supports mechanical and plant engineering challenges around the world with its cutting-edge technology and unique industry knowledge. Roughly 31,000 employees worldwide work on safe, efficient, intelligent and powerful solutions.
For example, they help in the economical production of small batch sizes, or save energy while simultaneously raising productivity. With their cross-technology portfolio, digital services and comprehensive service, they are your partner for machines and plants.
The Norwegian company has about 50 employees and its headquarter is situated at Langhus, just outside of Oslo.
To the main office in Langhus, Bosch Rexroth AS need to extend their knowledge within the field of IoT, Digitalization and AI. As one of the leading suppliers of Drive & Control solutions within hydraulics and electric drives, they need to increase their capabilities to deliver systems which includes data analytics and software. Bosch Rexroth are going through a transition from being a hardware focused company to include software and IT-services as a major part of the business. Recently they have launched a game changing new automation platform, ctrlX AUTOMATION. In addition they need to introduce their Bosch IoT suite, NEXEED, ODiN and Bosch cloud services to the market.
Primary responsibilities will be:
- Be a core team member of the Digitalization team to develop business and customer solutions to the existing market
- As the main driver of digitalization you need to increase the knowledge level and bring the company “two steps ahead” to become a leading IoT company within our market segment (Drive & Control)
- Collaborate with product development & engineering teams across many Bosch business units
- Contribute to the development of efficient big-data pipelines for large-scale analytics
- Collaborate and act as a specialist within the mentioned qualifications towards sales, service, back-office and other local and international teams
- Select & apply appropriate methods such as machine learning & deep learning techniques to large amounts of data
- Prepare & present results in front of different teams
- Contribute to an appropriate cloud architecture design for efficient data analytics implementations from edge to cloud
- Contribute to an appropriate & seamless architecture design from edge to cloud for secure & robust data collection
- Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in a related technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with creation and refinement with AI techniques and practices
- Min 3+ years with Linux and programming experience with Python and C-like languages
- Experience within data mining/analysis
- Experience with Cloud services
- You have a proficient background in networking, operating systems, and security
- You have experience with distributed systems
- Capable of working individually and in cross technical teams
- You must be a strong individual that are willing to challenge established “rules” and think new
- Have stamina to work on long-term goals and achievements and still be agile and flexible in the approach
- English language
- Good understanding of relational databases, document based databases, and time-series database experience (such as InfluxDB or mongoDB)
- Good communication skills
- Good coding practices
- Experience with manufacturing process and equipment
- Process automation experience
- Sensor technology knowledge
- Knowledge of selling and earning money on consultant and annual recurring revenue services
- Norwegian language
What we offer:
- An independent position in an international company
- The market’s most innovative product
- An agile and pleasant working environment
- A knowledgeable, experienced and fun team
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Competitive condition package
- International career opportunities
Exciting workplace with Nordic and international interactions
This is an opportunity to become a key part of a world-leading company within automation and to work closely with many different stakeholders on both a national, Nordic and European level. It is also an opportunity to work with leading products and to improve solutions and make clients better. The role will have a substantial impact on the technical solutions delivered in the market and offers exciting development opportunities for the right candidate.
Apply for this exciting position at Bosch Rexroth The recruitment process is carried out by Compass Human Resources AS. If you want to know more about the position, please contact Managing Partner Bjørn Erik Graff on +47 970 55 587 or Research Manager Hanna Kaupang on +47 481 72 822. Submit your application and CV through the application button, as soon as possible.
Due to GDPR we ask you not to send your personal data via e-mail to the contact person.