Mechanical Engineers - R&D
Development of Offshore Wind Solutions – International Company – stable growth and grand ambitions
MacArtney has a proven track-record within the specific engineering of heavy, durable, and high-yielding solutions for the cable laying industry and handling equipment solutions for turbine manufactures. They are looking for mechanical engineers to strengthen their mechanical department.
Overall, you will be responsible for Mechanical Engineering tasks within offshore projects. You will work with machine design, other offshore constructions within fine mechanics, as well as larger steel structures. If you have the skills and the desire, you could eventually become a technical expert/specialist within specific product groups. The jobs are most of time custom-made projects which results in one-off products or prototyping.
Your main tasks are described below and will be a good mix and will be very interconnected:
- Using 3D modelling in Inventor you will develop machines and equipment for the offshore industry, ensuring that constructions fit optimally into a production (Design for Manufacturing). The Construction work will involve machine construction and material choosing.
- Part of the construction work involves calculations using programmes like Mathcadfor verification, validation, documentation, and re-use of mathematical calculations in engineering process. It is also notable that “hand calculations” and thus the understanding of how numbers emerge is an important part of the job.
- A smaller part of the daily work will comprise analysing static and dynamic properties, complemented with automated structural optimization and fatigue analysis using programmes like Nastran, Ansys or Robot.
- Keeping up to date with trends and valid standards, providing certifying bodies like DNV with reports and risk analyses, ensuring 3-party approvals.
- CE-marking. Risk analyses, investigations etc.
- Final documentation like operational, and technical manuals etc.
- As MacArtney also uses external sub suppliers and consultants there will be an element of reviewing of their work. Also, peer-reviewing and sparring with colleagues about one’s own work is part of this. It is a natural quality procedure in the team.
- Clients and suppliers are important stakeholders to interact with as you will be involved with clients about technical alignment in the offer stages and when offers are awarded to get the best possible foundation for a good and technical relationship. When using sub suppliers, the interaction and transfer of the assignments is an important part of the manufacturing process.
- Scope-of-work involves proactively keeping the project manager up to date about schedule, deadlines, new developments, and the commercial parts like alignment to budget and the costs involved.
As a person you thrive in an innovative environment. You are straightforward, open-minded, and persistent in a prober way. You have business understanding, lots of energy and drive – and you thrive with a variety of tasks throughout a working day. Being independent you enjoy challenging the ‘as is’ and it is done smoothly with your excellent communications skills. You will contribute with high impact and still be grounded – you are calm and collected. You have a proactive, structured approach to your tasks. Furthermore, you can priorities your tasks and maintain the overview to meet the deadlines.
You are motivated by succeeding together as a team, being around good colleagues and by the challenge of inventing from A to Z.
Your educational background is within mechanical engineering, and you have several years of experience preferable from the wind or offshore-related industries. It is backed by solid experience within machine construction, are well-founded in 3D modelling and calculations (Inventor, Mathcad, Nastran, ANSYS, Robot or similar).
You can demonstrate a well-founded knowledge of standards and experience from working with certifying bodies like DNV or similar.
Being the “inventor type”, you are technically well-founded and can see solutions transform into drawings and eventually a final product.
You master both Danish and English at a high technical level.
Apply for the position now
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group. If you need further information about the position, please contact Senior Consultant, Claus Mengel-Niemann, at +45 22 63 33 77. All enquiries will be handled with confidentiality. If interested, please apply as soon as possibly through Compass’ webpage www.compasshrg.com. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis independently of the deadline. Therefore, we ask you to apply as soon as possible to make sure your application is taken into consideration.
MacArtney A/S is a global supplier of underwater technology and Wind solutions. They are specialised, within design, manufacturing, sales, and service of a wide range of solutions, for example connectors, stock cables, and offshore cable handling equipment. MacArtney operates within a lot of different industries where they offer both onshore and subsea solutions. The company was established in 1978 in Esbjerg, where the Group Headquarter is still located. The late founders were Martin MacArtney and his wife Winnie, but today the company is owned by Glen and Marco MacArtney. The company has 400 employees worldwide, with 20 subsidiaries in 17 different countries. Moreover, they operate an extensive network of 23 representatives and distributors spread across the continents. Through this global 24/7 support, all products are available on each location.
MacArtney is an exciting and international business, where they have the means and the will to turn employees’ ambitions into reality. They value professionalism, from concept to installation, where there is also room for you to develop through independent tasks with matching responsibility. MacArtney also value caring for each other, which for example appears through an active staff association and advantageous employee benefits.
Deadline for application: As soon as possible
Workplace: Esbjerg or Bur