Do you want to make a difference?
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen operates around 125 vessels servicing 15 trade routes to six continents, together with a global inland distribution network, 120 processing centres and 11 marine terminals. The company has a strong sustainability focus and is an industry leader in developing innovative solutions to reduce its operational impacts. The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group (OEX: WALWIL) has 9500 employees in 29 countries and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. The group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC. Total income was USD 4.1 billion for the full year of 2018.
The world will keep surprising us, and Wallenius Wilhelmsen will take an active role in defining the future of logistics, imagining new, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
For more information see: www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com
We are looking for a service minded senior accountant to support our Norwegian subsidiaries with general accounting tasks, monthly closing processes, group reporting tasks and statutory reporting requirements. The senior accountant also has the responsibility to make sure the entities are compliant with the group’s accounting policies and the group’s internal control framework and policies related to financial reporting.
Located in Lysaker we offer a fantastic workplace with colleagues from around the world. We look forward to receiving your application!
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with our reporting schedules and accounting policies
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Monthly group reporting into the group consolidation system – SAP FC
- Preparation of annual reports and tax returns for entities
- Reporting to authorities; VAT, statistical information, financial statements etc.
- Responsible for SAF-T reporting for all Norwegian entities
- Regular dialogue with resource centers which handles AP/AR transactions and travel expense processing
- Reconciliation of payroll accounts in general ledger vs. payroll system including tax and benefits reporting to authorities
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Contact with local auditor
- Ad-hoc financial tasks
Qualifications and experience:
- Higher education within accounting – Bachelor/Master’s degree in accounting or audit
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience from accounting/auditing
- Highly skilled in Norwegian tax rules especially related to VAT (SAF-T) and travel settlement regulations
- Experience with preparation of Norwegian tax returns and understanding of Norwegian tax rules is an advantage
- Knowledge of IFRS accounting rules is an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate/advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good command of written and oral English
- Fluent in Norwegian both written and oral
- Ability to meet deadlines through good time management and allocation of priorities
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team
- Strong interpersonal skills with an awareness of different cultures within your customer base, team and organization
- Strong communication skills – the successful candidate must be able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders from different cultures and countries
- Service-minded and proactive
The position reports to the Senior Accounting Manager located in Oslo.
What you can expect working in Wallenius Wilhelmsen:
You can expect hard work, a lot of fun and to be challenged every day. In return we promise you will be part of an exciting journey. Your initiative and desire to contribute in developing the company globally are expected and appreciated. We strongly believe that our team of people want to do their best. All in the spirit of being the leading company in their industry, and always striving to take an active role in defining the future of logistics, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer that strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
Does this sound like you? Then we are looking forward to learning more about your motivation in your application letter. For more information about the position please contact our advisor Jonny Arnesen, Partner in Compass Human Resources at tel: +47 924 96 992. Please submit your application and CV by clicking on the application button as soon as possible.