Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a market leader in RoRo shipping and vehicle logistics, transporting cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk around the world.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen operates around 125 vessels servicing 15 trade routes to six continents, together with a global inland distribution network, 120 processing centers and 11 marine terminals. The company has a strong sustainability focus and is an industry leader in developing innovative solutions to reduce its operational impacts. The Wallenius Wilhelmsen group (OEX: WALWIL) has 9500 employees in 29 countries and is headquartered in Oslo, Norway. The group consists of Wallenius Wilhelmsen Ocean, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Solutions, EUKOR and ARC. Total income was USD 4.1 billion for the full year of 2018.
The world will keep surprising us, and Wallenius Wilhelmsen will take an active role in defining the future of logistics, imagining new, more sustainable solutions for the changing world of mobility and transport on land and sea.
For more information see: www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com
VP Strategy and Portfolio Management
We are looking for a high caliber new colleague who can facilitate, operationalize and promote our strategy process from creation to execution. The new VP Strategy & Portfolio Management will do this by supporting our goal of sustainable logistics for a world in motion, improved earnings and shareholder value. You will be the primary responsible for facilitating and documenting this process and translating it into a comprehensive strategic plan. You will also coordinate a portfolio of strategic change initiatives and be responsible for monitoring and reporting progress to the Top Executive Team (TET).
Projects that are transformational in nature, at an enterprise level, will be led by the SPM team and implemented with and across the business units. The team will function as support and sparring partner in change management and new ways of working.
The position reports to the Chief Digital Officer, located in Stockholm. This position is located at Lysaker, and we offer a fantastic workplace with colleagues from around the world.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Work with the TET and broader organization to facilitate the strategic planning process and implement this into the strategic plan.
- Ensure that strategies are translated into actionable, quantitative plans at a divisional level.
- Provide information to strategy creators and facilitate communication between teams, team members and stakeholders.
- Lead target settings connected to the strategy and recommend potential improvements.
- Act as owner of the TET Strategy review process and support the Board of Directors as requested by TET/CEO.
- Administer the capital and resource allocation model on behalf of the TET. Ensure that resources are mobilized in accordance with agreed direction.
- Be responsible for the execution of the projects in the project portfolio.
Qualifications and experience:
- Higher education, preferably a master’s degree within a relevant field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience from a senior position in an international B2B services environment and significant involvement in strategy processes.
- Executive leadership entailing influencing, communicating and strategic thinking, requiring innovation and change.
- Strong and proven track record of breaking down complex issues into concrete actionable plans.
- Innovation and growth mindset and the ability to create new business models.
- Experience in leading a team with proven facilitation, change management and problem-solving requirements.
- Fluency in English both written and oral.
- Ability to work across all levels of an international, complex organization and foster an environment of mutual support and collaboration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to act as a proactive change agent.
The Wallenius Wilhelmsen Group is an equal opportunity employer who strongly believes in diversity and a value driven culture. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a global company with colleagues and stakeholders from different cultures and countries and where English is the working language.
Does this sound like you? If so, we are looking forward to learning about your motivation in your application letter. For more information about the position, please contact our advisor Jonny Arnesen, Partner in Compass Human Resources by tel: +47 924 96 992. Please submit your application and CV by using the application button as soon as possible and no later than 15 November 2020.