TGS is the world’s largest geoscience data company, known for its asset-light, multi-client business model and global data library.
TGS employs approximately 500 employees and has its corporate headquarters in Skøyen, Norway and its operational headquarters in Houston, Texas, U.S.A. The company’s other main offices are in London and Perth, with further employees located in other cities around the globe. The company’s stock is traded on the Oslo Stock Exchange and is part of the OBX Index (25 most liquid shares at the OSE). TGS’ primary business is to provide geoscience data to energy companies worldwide. The company offers extensive global libraries that include seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, multi-beam and coring data, digital well logs and production data. Additionally, we offer advanced processing and imaging services, interpretation products and data integration solutions.
TGS is looking for an Accountant who want to contribute in developing the company’s finance function to the next level.
The Accountant will be part of the Corporate Finance and Accounting team consisting of 20 employees and report to Group Accounting Director. TGS is characterized by a high pace and activity, and we are looking for the right candidate who see this as an exciting opportunity. You thrive in an international environment, are ambitious but at the same time team-focused and like to work with a wide set of tasks.
- Accounting, bookkeeping and accruals for set Group Entities
- Preparing analyses and reports, both internal and external for set Group Entities
- Monthly Management Reporting
- Quarterly/Annual Stock Exchange Reporting
- Statutory Reporting and Required Statistics (SSB)
- Follow-up of bank, including remittance and reconciliation
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Cash flow forecast in collaboration with Group Treasurer
- Tax reporting in collaboration with Group Tax Manager
- Be a support and a backup for the rest of the accounting team
Qualifications; skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience
- Working knowledge of project accounting
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Good Excel competence
- Good command of written and oral English
- Fluent in Norwegian both written and oral
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team
- Flexible and robust, with a positive attitude
What we offer:
To the right candidate, we can offer a professionally challenging position in a company with high ambitions. You will work in a global work environment with a flat and informal structure. There will be opportunities for professional and personal development in a position that offers varied work tasks.
At TGS, we aim to provide deep insights and understanding to support society’s evolving energy needs. Across the energy spectrum, through innovation and data-driven solutions, we utilize diverse sources of data, including our own, to create value-driven insights that enable you to make the right decisions.
For more information, please contact Jonny Arnesen, mobile: +47 92 49 69 92
Application deadline: 14th March 2021. By clicking the Apply here button you will be redirected to TGS’ application manager.