Senior Project Manager
P27 Nordic Payments
Do you want to be part of creating one common state of the art payments platform in the Nordic countries? This is your chance to make an important contribution to P27 Nordic Payments reaching its vision to build the world’s first real-time, cross-border payments system in multiple currencies.
About this opportunity
The payments market in the world is currently changing rapidly and P27 is the core of this change in the Nordics working to establish a new standard of how a payment is carried out. The opportunity is to project lead the implementation of a new payment’s infrastructure in the Nordics with an immediate focus on Denmark. This is one of the largest implementations P27 will make. This project will last for several years and after that P27 will offer other similar challenging projects to enhance the payments market further. You will be working out of our office in Copenhagen report directly to the Head of Products and Business development.
About the role
- As a Senior Project Manager in P27 Nordic Payments you will be in the middle of an exciting journey of building a new payments infrastructure within the Nordics. You will ensure deliveries of the most complex projects P27 is executing, and you will have the overall responsibility for ensuring the Danish implementation. The Senior Project Manager’s responsibilities also include, but are not limited to:
- Translate business needs to tangible project objectives for projects with large complexity
- Ensure execution and team efficiency by leading and coaching project participants to achieve the desired outcome, and proactively demonstrate control of the key issues as well as executing prudent risk management
- Ensure close collaboration with the Danish payments community (Banks, bankers association, regulators and central bank) as well as with all internal stakeholders including the board of directors
To succeed in this role, we expect that you:
- Are outstanding on stakeholder management – both internally and externally
- Are an excellent communicator who are able to present clearly to executive management, steer cos, project teams and stakeholders.
- Have a good sense of analysis and structure.
- Are a strong team player and motivator who lead and support the project team to reach the goals while ensuring a positive work climate.
Have a strong can-do-attitude, stamina and a high level of energy. The values that guide us in P27 Nordic Payments are; Together – Excellence – Trust – Courage. We assume that you share these values with us.
Your experience and background
- 10+ years of proven track record in project management and/or program management
- 5+ years of experience from the banking industry, preferably within payments universe and from working with sector projects
- Ideally been leading a couple of larger change programs within the financial industry in one of the larger banks or similar
- Experience with managing large vendor deliveries both in terms of the pure project managing of an external partner, but also in terms of the managing of the contractual relationship
- Fluency in English and in Danish (working language is English)
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group. If you want to learn more about this position, before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Magnus Wedel, Consultant, at +45 51 60 72 83.
Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible, if you are interested. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. Please note that all enquiries will be handled with confidentiality, and that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
About P27 Nordic Payments
P27 Nordic Payments Platform AB is a company owned by six of the largest banks in the Nordics, Danske Bank, Handelsbanken, Nordea, OP Financial Group, SEB and Swedbank. The aim is to create one common state of the art payment platform in the Nordic countries. The work started in late 2017 with the ambition to go live 2021. The launch of P27 services is subject to a merger filing and clearing licence approval. The name P27 derives from the number of citizens in the Nordic countries, 27 million individuals. Read more about us at nordicpayments.eu and follow us on LinkedIn at P27 Nordic Payments.