Metsä Group leads the way in the bioeconomy. We invest in growth, developing bioproducts and a fossil free future. The raw material for our products is renewable wood from sustainably managed northern forests. We focus on the growth sectors of the forest industry: wood supply and forest services, wood products, pulp, fresh fibre paperboards, and tissue and greaseproof papers.
Metsä Group’s annual sales is approximately EUR 6 billion, and we have around 9,500 employees in 30 countries. Our international Group has its roots in the Finnish forest: our parent company is Metsäliitto Cooperative owned by nearly 100,000 forest owners.
Read more about Metsä Group www.metsagroup.fi
This recruitment is carried out anonymously.
Metsä Group is now looking for an
to strengthen its strategic position as a sustainability leader. The ESG Controller will work in Metsä Group’s Group Services as part of the Group Accounting and Reporting team, which consist of 8 experienced accounting professionals.
Group Services employ some 600 specialists in the fields of energy, IT, law, HR, communications, sustainability and finance who support Metsä Group and its Business Areas in the execution of its strategy. Total amount of employees in Group Services’ financial management function is approximately 170. The other teams besides Group Accounting and Reporting are; Accounting Services, Credit Management, Finance Development and Internal Control.
What do you get to do?
As our ESG Controller you will be the core person in ESG reporting. You will manage, develop and execute ESG reporting closely with all Metsä Group Business areas and functions. This position provides a great opportunity to work together with all parts of our organisation and develop the future of ESG reporting at Metsä. The key focus in the position is tight co-operation with finance, sustainabilty network and businesses. You will report to the Director, Group Accounting and Reporting. The position is based at Metsä Group´s head office in Tapiola, Espoo.
As an ESG Controller you will:
- Be responsible for ESG reporting processes e.g. taxonomy and to support the annual assurance process of the sustainability data
- Develop and maintain ESG related reporting tools and controls in co-operation with IT and other functions
- Manage development project for sustainability data quality and collection in co-operation with Metsä Group sustainability
- Follow the development of the ESG regulatory framework
- Coordinate and facilitate ESG reporting forum with business organisation responsible persons and subject matter experts
- Maintain and review the quality, timeliness and accuracy of all ESG materials
- Working in ESG reporting related projects lead by Corporate Affairs as required
- Contribution/participation to ad-hoc ESG projects and initiatives
In order to succeed, you should have:
- Passion towards sustainable practises, particularly reporting, ratings and understanding of overall landscape
- A Masters degree in accounting, technology or similar
- A solid track record and minimum of three years of experience in ESG reporting, accounting or similar
- Ability to compile independently consolidated ESG reporting
- Previous experience in financial or sustainability reporting is considered as an advantage
- Fluency in English and Finnish – both written and spoken. Other languages are an advantage.
- Data analytic skills
- Familiarity with SAP/BW or CDM is seen an advantage
As a person you have:
- Your own self driven interest of the ESG reporting content
- An assertive, confident and proactive way of working together with a flexible attitude
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Excellent social and team working skills
- Excellent number precision
- The ability to work under pressure
What do we offer?
Metsä Group offers a position in an international and dynamic working environment where the tasks are challenging and interesting. This inspiring position offers an opportunity to develop professional skills in a good working atmosphere. You will join a company with a diverse structure and you will have exciting career opportunities and great collegial support.
Metsä Group’s values are responsible profitability, reliability, cooperation and renewal. If you can relate to these values and you have a development and people-oriented mindset, this might be the job for you.
Can you imagine yourself having a career at Metsä? Find out!
For further information please contact our external recruitment partner:
- Göran Hernberg tel. +358 500 409 779 or email@example.com or;
- Jonna Nummelin tel +358 400 566 484 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Anonymous recruitment – how it works
This recruitment is carried out anonymously. Therefore, the following information will be hidden from the hiring managers until the interview stage: name, date of birth, contact details, gender, native language, dates of study and name of the educational institution. Attachments (CVs) are also hidden. HR recruiters have access to the applicants’ contact details at the stage when they start inviting applicants for interviews.
Our recruiting system will guide you through the application process. You will be asked for personal data, but all the above mentioned information is hidden from the recruiters until the interview stage.
The application form includes questions to help you to present your skills and experience anonymously. Please reply to all questions to make your competences and skills visible. You can attach a CV to your application, but it is hidden at the initial stage of the recruitment process. If you are invited for an interview, recruiters will have access to your CV to support the interview.
Read more about our anonymous recruitment at https://www.metsagroup.com/careers/work-with-us/anonymous-recruitment/
Apply for the job!
Submit your application using the below “Apply for position” button. You will be redirected to Metsä Group’s webpages. If you have not yet filled your Career profile in Workday, click Go to your profile and fill in Job History and Education information in Career tab. Also add job descriptions in job history. Then return to Apply for the open position. Please note that attachments are not visible in anonymous recruitment, so it is important to complete your career profile in Workday. Please submit your application as soon as possible, as we will start processing the applications already during the application period. Include your CV and salary request.
The personal data of internal applicants is also hidden, as explained above.
The search is open until 30.11.2022. Good luck!
Compass Human Resources Group has existed since 1982. Today, we are an international organisation with offices in Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, and the UK. We are specialized in Executive Search and Recruitment.